Downloading Tune Ecu To Laptop

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sprint STeve 955, Nov 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprint STeve 955

Sprint STeve 955 New Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Solihull
    Hi,

I am looking to download tune ecu to a windows 10 laptop but looking at the tune ecu website, it is not clear exactly what needs to be downloaded.

There is reference to Toms site, is this the place to download and if so, can anybody confirm what files need to be done. I don't want to download something that screws up my laptop.

This is a bit more complicated than my other bike a Kawasaki h1 where you put lolly sticks or similar under the carb slides to balance the carbs :)

Cheers Steve

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprint STeve 955

Oct 31, 2017
    Solihull
    Keep checking but no responses ☹️

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I got mine from google play, only that was a android version. I have read loads of threads on TUNE ECU and have never heard of any problem downloading, or it messing with your computer . So I imagine at this stage you can be confident downloading to your computer.
    T O M is often quoted as one of the main sites to download your bike and tune specific software,yes (to answer your question).
    Feedback please on how you get on.

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/tunecu-what-all-you-need-to-know.9582/#post-115837

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Just download from tuneecu website, Alaine who built tuneecu updates the program regularly, so it should work fine in Win10. It won't stuff up your laptop because its small script based program, possibly "Java" or similar. So it works in all Windows based Operating systems.

5. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    I've had it running on Win10 for some time with no issues. However, on the install follow carefully the instructions on installing the driver. If you get this wrong it won't work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    With windows I found the best way for a trouble free installation was to download and install the drivers first, then the TuneEcu software followed by TuneLibrary.dll

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sventhrusta

Sventhrusta Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Kidsgrovia Staffordshire
    Can you switch off/reset service light with this?Speed Triple 94 2015

8. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Ye you should be able to. Unless there is a fault which needs a part changing or adjusting.

9. Sventhrusta

Sventhrusta Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Kidsgrovia Staffordshire
    Thanks for that :)

10. Sprint STeve 955

Oct 31, 2017
    Solihull
    Finally got round to downloading tune ecu and maps. Just need to get a lead and I am good to go. Also just got a Beowulf can to fit once I have sorted the standard map and all is well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sprint STeve 955

Oct 31, 2017
    Solihull
    Hi all, connected up TuneECU with no issues and found my 02 sprint st has map 10156 loaded which looks correct for vin 150980. I couldn’t see any later standard maps, unless anybody knows of a modified 10156 with any tweaks.

I have a Beowulf can to fit once I have had time to put some miles on the bike to see how it rides. There are a number of aftermarket exhaust and can maps, can anyone suggest one suitable or have any experience with this brand of can.

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers Steve

12. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    No SAI on your bike? 10158 would be a safe bet.

13. Sprint STeve 955

Oct 31, 2017
    Solihull
    Cheers youngy

14. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    Thanks for all your help I have just ordered a cable and I will download the software tonight on to my laptop and hopefully get it sorted this weekend .cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Did you order a cable with the FTDI chipset? if not it won't work with Tune ECU.
    Cheap cables on ebay and Amazon may have HL-340 USB-Serial adapter chipsets which are no good. :worried:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    The one I bought says it is compatible with tune ecu

17. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Should be OK then

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Look on their web site,for more imfo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    @Sventhrusta
    Haven't checked latest updates but unless things have changed you can't switch off the service nag with the pc version connected via cable. But you can with the Android version loaded to a smart phone and connected via bluetooth.

upload_2018-2-13_19-54-44.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    well got the cable and a program disc but for the life of me i can not find any ware to plug it in on the bike ?