Doubt Refill Antifreeze Liquid Street Triple Rs 2020

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fernandaluz, Jun 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Good afternoon mates! I have a question, the expansion bottle of my new Triumph street triple rs is almost empty (rare) and I would like to refill the bottle but I see that it is almost impossible to buy Triumph antifreeze liquid ... so I remembered that I have another one in my garage Liquid that I used in my previous motorcycles, which is Petronas paraflu up for direct use https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124663089721?epid=9047192896&hash=item1d067fca39:g:y~UAAOSw3ZFf1iOM , but I'm not sure if it is good to mix it with that of the motorcycle. In my previous motorcycles this antifreeze has worked great for me, to the point of lowering the engine temperature by 4 degrees compared to other antifreezes.
    Do you think there will be no problem to replace the motorcycle with this antifreeze?
    Greetings and sorry for talking so much ✌

petronas-paraflu-up.jpg

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    You just need some/any ready-mixed OAT style coolant (very common nowadays) so I suppose that as long as it's got the OAT on the petronas bottle, fill yer tank!
    But, looking at the link you gave, i'd not risk it as it's red/pink?
    It doesn’t mention OAT at all so i'd not risk it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry for not putting the right link but I looked for one in English and they all come out in Spanish.
    The coolant is oat and the color of the coolant is the same as the one on the bike (pink)
    What color is the original Triumph coolant? I can easily believe that they have put me another non-original in the dealership ‍♂️
    https://tienda.velfair.com/producto...GCh3_BQnREAQYAiABEgIA5fD_BwE#/28-capacidad-5l

4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I'll check mine tomorrow for you but I think mine is blue?
    I'll definitely send you a pic of mine (unless someone else does first!!)

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. Thanks friend!✌

6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I topped mine up with Halfords OAT stuff (pink). Years ago the colour denoted the type. Green was ethylene glycol and blue was methanol. Nowadays the colour doesn't really mean much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I finally went to the dealership and bought a liter (7 euros) of OEM antifreeze, which by the way ... the OEM color is green ‍♂️