Double Bubble Screen For Thruxton R

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pauly, Nov 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pauly

Pauly New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Hampshire
    I have a Thruxton r with the race kit fitted that i toured on earlier this year and it was an absolute delight. The only problem was that over 90 the wind on my head and neck was too much.
    Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket double bubble trype screen that can be fitted to the bikini fairing?
    Thanks
    Paul

2. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    i’d love to find one also. so far not joy. anyone?

3. Pauly

Pauly New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Hampshire
    Thanks for the reply.

I have just had a reply from Skidmarx who reckon they will do one next year.
    Fingers crossed!,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    With screens it depends on your height when riding, a double bubble is fine if you’re underneath it. I’m 6.1” and all double bubble regardless of bike - and I’ve had a few- batter my neck if I’m sitting up.
    Whereas most standard screens hut me in the chest so it depends on how you feel comfy.

5. Plasticadam

Plasticadam New Member

Mar 7, 2018
    East Kent
    Totally with you on that. Skidmarx not doing one that I can see. Any one else see anything available

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’d agree with Glyn on this one being 6’2 myself. Never liked them.
    Plus I think a double bubble would ruin the look of a Thruxton R. Form over function for me.