double bubble screen,doh

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by b12ady, Mar 6, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. b12ady

b12ady Member

Jan 19, 2016
    s.yorkshire
    hello all,this may cause a giggle or two,bought the screen thought fit it today,had a look decided I had to take the front cowling off which I did,once off I then sussed that all the bolts that kept the screen on were blind so I could have just unscrewed the screen itself,then transferred the fixings to the new screen,so simple.DOH:confused::D

• Like Like x 2
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Oops!! Err well I did once take off a sink u-bend and emptied it into a bucket. Shortly afterwards I needed the bucket for something else so I emptied it into the sink - as you do. It was such a shame that I hadn't replaced the u-bend. Sadly SWMBO witnessed the whole thing and, needless to say, will not let me forget it!!!!o_O

• Like Like x 6
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Stevethegoolie - that was a corker !!!!!!

4. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    I bought a set of 1,000 screws, all different sizes neatly sorted into different compartments.... Was doing some work in the living room in front of SWMBO, picked the box up by the handle without closing the lid........screws everywhere, sadly no longer sorted!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Whoops !!!!!! ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Been there, done that.:oops::oops::oops:

6. b12ady

b12ady Member

Jan 19, 2016
    s.yorkshire
    Thanks for them,I don't feel such a prat now :D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    might not feel it but don't half look it!"! Ha! Ha! I'm too embarrassed to put up my endless list

8. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    We all have to be good at something!!:):cool:

9. b12ady

b12ady Member

Jan 19, 2016
    s.yorkshire
    thing is there will be more,as I`m on a learning curve,things were a lot simpler when I was younger and rode a lambretta and a vespa

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've done the emptying bucket back in the sink thing.
    I've also scrabbled about under a MkII Cortina trying to put the sump plug back in before the new oil I just filled up with ran out again!

• Like Like x 1
  11. b12ady

b12ady Member

Jan 19, 2016
    s.yorkshire
    Of course,I was young,clever and good then :cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Suddenly I feel soooooo much better!:)

13. b12ady

b12ady Member

Jan 19, 2016
    s.yorkshire
    going on oil,my 2nd car was a mini metro it wanted topping up,so I went and bought 5ltrs and put the whole lot in set off loads of smoke following me,sussed out what I had done wrong pulled up over a grate (on a shady back street) took the sump plug out to drain some of the oil off and ended up scalding myself on the hot oil trying to get the sump plug back in,i should have realised then that a diyer I was not to be

14. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    My bit of class,in front of a mate was some years ago. Mk 3 Astra , I was told it needed a cambelt due to mileage.
    Went to my local car spares which had a large car park the rear where you could get dirty. Anyone remember Fletchers in Birmingham???
    The haynes manual said to drop bottom hose from rad to drain it ( there was no tap) . I had a container with me for the coolant and it drained into that. I was under the car when my mate appeared and asked if he could help. With him watching but not much else, I undid the water pump which tightened the belt and took the pressure off the belt, having already lined the index points on the gears, I removed the belt, refitted the new one and tightened it all up. All was good, my mate was impressed, I felt good . All I had to do now was refill the rad with the coolant and all was well.
    I poured the coolant into the top of the rad and whoosh,it all ran out of the bottom of the rad as I hadnt reconnected the bottom hose. My mate pissed himself as he went into the shop to ask for some water.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    A.B Fletcher, thats the one. All gone now, was taken over by an asian company. Lasted a short while then closed down. It is a safety work wear place now. Happy days going thru the bins in there looking for bargains. Rewired my first bike, a Starfire using a couple of car harnesses i picked up for a quid each from there in 75 or 76.

• Like Like x 1
  16. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I had a good mate in the army, he was always doing stuff the wrong way. Once he did a major service on an International 6 wheel drive truck ( all oils and filters ) . he forgot to put the sump plug in the rear axles differential housing, so consequently the diff blew up on the test drive, when he walked into the workshop with the diff in a 150 Ltr garbage bin no one said boo ! Simply because Dave was 6'10" and weighed 16 stone. All muscles , but in the bar that night we all had a real ROFL session. And if if you think that story funny. You should see Dave on a motorcycle ! He makes any bike look like an over size skate board ! His knee's stick out further than the widest handle bars available!!!!

• Like Like x 2