Don't Want A Covid Vax

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LouHela, May 30, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LouHela

LouHela Member

Oct 8, 2020
    Vantaa, Finland
    .. and I'd rather just carry on with my immune system
    Am I a hero or paraiah ?
    Cos I ain't freaking getting one.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    What happens when a persons immune system fails, either due to a serious (non Covid related illness). It's like anything in life, a Jehovah Witness will not agree to a blood transfusion, even if say heaven forbid their child's life relies upon it, many may disagree with that view, however it is their choice. Personally I am genuinely not bothered what people decide regarding Covid vaccinations it is their choice. What will happen in the future without doubt, is people that may want to travel outside their own country may find it impossible without proof of vaccination (America for example), also it has always been the case (pre Covid) that a person would be unable to travel to certain destinations without first having vaccinations for all manner of disease prevention, it is no different to any vaccination. The same will be true in the future (UK proposals) for any new staff entering the Hospital or care sector to be vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Don't know how it is in your country but in mine everyone is free to have the jab or not.
    Here in the mountain countryside, lot of people I know don't get it, because they don't see a lot of people, and live mainly outside.
    People living in city centre, confronted with crowded public transportation will have another view.

I had the jab, mainly to prevent "people trusting in their immunity" to contaminate me or my family.

Endless debate, with bits of belief, personal choice, responsibility, and internet acting as a magnifier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Neither in my book. Your choice, so far as it goes. But "I'd rather just carry on with my immune system" looks a pretty weedy justification given that the disease has been having little trouble in overwhelming immune systems the world over. Is that your real reasoning? If that is your medical judgment as opposed to a philosophical one, you're wrong, simple as. :)

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If you get covid and then pass it on to someone else who then dies, I hope you can then live with that. No I don't, I hope your life is perpetual torment. Let's hope you don't get infected.
    Or are you here just to stir things up ??

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Roger Roger .. conspiracy theory in approach .. covid is a flu etc etc :grinning::grinning::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    I do like the comparison to JW. And as many already has said above, its your choice of course.
    One thing I would like tho is for people that haven't vaccinated themself (and don't have a legitimate reason not to other than a "gut feeling" or belief in your immunsystem that they will survive it) don't get the same treatment in the hospitals or any Covid treatment at all if they should get sick.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #8 Tricky-Dicky, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    I have a feeling that the decision to have or not have the vax or not will become more of an issue in the near future as not only will the non vax people have difficulty travelling I suspect there will start to be a social aspect and there will become the haves and have-nots scenario with the have-nots being ostracized and have a kind of leper status as the social stigma snowballs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    i don’t have a problem with people who don’t want to be vaccinated. What I have a problem with is mixing with those people as they can pass it on to others. So I’m in favour with segregating those who haven’t had the vaccine from those that have.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #10 Wire-Wheels, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    I think it fair to say decisions such as these are motivated by fear. Fear CAN be a good thing or a bad thing. What is a person's motivation for not getting vaccinated ? What is his fear ? Is it based on sound reasoning ?. As for the decision to abstain from blood, it is based on not wanting to go against scriptures commanding the reader to "abstain from blood". A religious decision. In the end all actions have consequences. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Whoop de freakin doo.
    Why do we need to know this?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    When people are just showing off, it's usually best to ignore them...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    I agree. What is it about organised religions that they all seem to make up these special rules and taboos to maintain exclusivity? All divinely ordained, of course. How can people take all that stuff seriously?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    #14 johne, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    It's the individuals choice of course, but consider this:

My wife is the same age as me (62) , I had my 1st jab in early March and my 2nd jab last Saturday, 29th. But due to medical reasons, she can't currently have even one Covid jab until the platelet count in her blood is above 30. Last week her platelet count was was 1! It hasn't been above 30 since last November. To put that into context, the average person will have a platelet count of 150 - 400. That makes her a sitting duck for the virus, so whilst you might think most people in the older age groups have been vaccinated and are therefore comparatively safe, there are people like my wife out there who would dearly love to have at least one jab, but can't do so. Frankly if I found out that someone had 'infected' my wife because they can't be arsed to have a jab themselves, I probably wouldn't be responsible for my actions. I'll leave that with you.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Wow, that sucks big time Johne. I hope things pick up and your wife can get the jab. Best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Had my Jabs. Firstly i thought do i need it. Then second thought my Partner my sons my grand children and you know i think i have at least one friend so no contest.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Do you guys in the UK get the jab for free?

• Like Like x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes we are the guinea pigs. But yes we do.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    How would it be cheaper if you paid for it individually?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Well, coming back to the OP, there are certain parallels really. People will say it's just another flu, it's a control mechanism. Controlling what, then? We're very much in the territory of Russell's teapot here, it seems to me. The burden of proof should be on the conspiracy theorists, since they're the minority spouting all the nonsense. :)

• Agree Agree x 7