Dont Know What To Say Realy! My Last Cat Milo.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Jan 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #1 Tricky-Dicky, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Just got back from the vet we have just had to have our last cat Milo put to sleep.......came in from the garden this afternoon to find him staggering about and losing control of his bowels looked like he had had a stroke so we had to take him over the the vet to see if there was any hope of him making any kind of recovery but we kind of knew it was the end of the road ....he was at a minimum 18.5 and possibly even 20.5 as we rescued him from the street and there is a long story behind that.

Suffice to say that he was pampered and spoilt all his life ...just like all out other cats and dogs...fish etc i am siting here gritting my teeth holding back the tears as its bad enough with the wife sobbing her heart out...i was only saying to my daughter this morning that he was doing well and then this...the house seems totally empty know one to give us withering looks when we go out and expect a snack every time we come home with the shopping....RIP Milo.:(:(:sob:

• Love You Love You x 17
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Sorry for your loss mate :(

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sad times :oops:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Thanks guys...you would think i would be used to it as we have had four dogs and used to breed Siamese so we have lost a few over the years but it always hurts more every time...Milo was my cat and you could always tell where i was cos he would usually be sat outside of wherever i was ...the bog...my shed etc he used to curl up and have an afternoon kip with me on occasion and fall asleep with his head in my hand....and that's how he went out.:(:sob:

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry to hear about your loss........

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Damn! As a dedicated, 100%, dyed-in-the-wool cat owner/lover I know something of how you feel, and I really do feel for your loss.

Cats have a well deserved reputation for aloofness, indifference and superiority towards humans (and lesser species such as dogs ;) :)) but when they do become 'attached' they can demonstrate incredible devotion, loyalty and love. Mine follows me around everywhere when I'm at home - she's been in my workshop with me this afternoon while I've been trying to finish the ACF treatment on my Street Triple and she ALWAYS follows me up to bed at night.

At 18.5 years - or more - Milo has been blessed with a long and, clearly, very happy life. I'm sure you will be blessed with the happiest of memories of him and, perhaps, a chance to make a difference to the life of another rescue cat sometime soon when the pain has subsided.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    It is surprising how they get under your skin and then how hard it is when they're gone. I'm still missing the big mutt we took in last week for 24 hours until he was re-homed.

Sorry about your loss. It is the downside of taking them in.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I'm sorry for your loss of Milo. Our pets are with us for too short a time, and they enrich our lives so much.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tricky-Dicky
    Heartfelt condolences. It does not matter how many we have they are family and companions. Even closer that people as they never complain and always respond when they sense you are down. Rip Milo.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    So sorry Tricky Dicky. RIP Milo. He had a really good innings, but that doesn’t stop the pain his passing leaves. Thinking of you and your family :broken_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Milo akip on one of HIS sofas a year or two ago and one in his heyday...he was very clever for a black moggy i think he learn't off the crafty Siamese.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  12. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Sorry to hear about Milo, Tricky. Had to take our Border Collie for the final injection a few years back and it was awful. They really become part of you. RIP Milo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rufo11

rufo11 Senior Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Montevideo, URUGUAY
    A strong hug friend, in this difficult time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Sorry for your loss, RIL Milo

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Cabe

Cabe Member

Jan 25, 2020
    Scotland

Clearly a cat of character, even without the Siamese training. He knew how to pick his forever person, and the person to do right by him. A loss worth mourning, and a long feline life to remember and treasure.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. shahnz39

shahnz39 New Member

Jan 1, 2020
    New Zealand
    RIP Milo. This feeling i know very well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Sorry for your loss, mate. At least you could be with him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    What a stunning boy!

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sorry to hear the sad news. It's a hard thing, the loss of a beloved pet. RIP Milo!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Just now saw this post, @Tricky-Dicky. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat, Milo. Our pets become such a part of our hearts that they take a piece with them when they depart and head to the Rainbow Bridge. My condolences. R.I.P. Milo. :heart:
    Hugs,
    Sandi, Steve, & Annie

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1