Featured Don't Hate Me !!!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by half ton, Mar 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    If your not comfortable sitting on it in the showroom it’ll be ten times worse when your riding.

So a good decision to keep the Bonnie,,,,,,,for the time being ;):)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Not Well Known Member
    Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    What sort of seat height was it out of interest?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    The seat height was very good for me (at 5ft 11inches) both feet flat on the floor, My problem was seat to footrests as it felt tighter than my Bonnie (which also gave me cramps)before I put the footrest lowering blocks on

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Half Ton
    If you were wet and cold and had a hairy ride there then you were not in a frame of mind to purchase or feel right on it. Really you should try again on a better day. Not trying to change your mind just don't do something you might regret later on. But the Bonnie can be a great bike and comfy. I sent my seat to RK LEIGHTON Who rebuilt it and it is like sitting on an armchair now. They even added about an inch in height for me.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  5. 100thmonkey

100thmonkey Active Member

Jun 17, 2018
    SW1A 1AA
    Most are low milage as sitting on them is the most uncomfortable position and you are begging to get off after half hour. Stick to a Thruxton R

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Sometimes you need to do the journey to end up at the same destination.

The problem is that as human beings we’re inherently programmed with dissatisfaction, the grass seems greener, but it’s still grass. Sounds like you’ve made the right decision.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    I know this now is based on the german language, but I try to bring it over...
    When they first introduced the NineT, I read it as being a german word. Like: Ninnet.
    I thought ‚WTF‘?
    Intercultural confusion :yum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    #28 Winglad, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Did my bike-license on the original:
    02A3E2E3-B458-4433-868B-20DC09E2AC7E.jpeg
    Was great fun and very comfy.
    But I agree, the new NineT seats are of the ‚Going to the icecream parlor‘ variety.
    I must say that this new heritage series is the first B.W design I really liked in the last decade.
    I never owned a B.W and I must admit, I have been tempted for quite a few times myself...
    But they are darn expensive. Even IN Germany.

• Like Like x 4
  9. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    That's the spitting image of my old bike winglad:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. half ton

half ton Elite Member

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    Thanks Joe, And on thinking about what you said.. you are right, It was quite a nasty ride over to see the bike,My Wife and one of my sons both tried to stop me going out as it was really blowing a hoolie,I nearly changed my mind several times on the journey but I like a challenge,When I got there I was as you said probably quite tense,So maybe a return in a couple of weeks on a nice pleasant day and a good long test ride to put my mind at rest.

Just to finish this folks, If I do get to ride it and then buy it , You can all blame Joe for turning me away from the Triumph family....:eek::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    HT you’ll always be part of this family,,,,,,,you know we all luves ya :heart:;);):)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Not Well Known Member
    Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Du brauchts einer gummi kuh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gazzatriumph

Gazzatriumph Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2018
    UK
    I think you have made the right choice on looks alone, I think the BMW looks horrible, just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme
    Subscriber

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    The F800G I have at the moment fits in every way apart from the foot peg position, they could do with being 1 or 2 inches further back, I think they just left them the same as the gs , a more upright riding position, which is a shame, but nice to see the aliens have left you now as well!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mpllineman

mpllineman Senior Member
    Subscriber

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Sounds like you are listening to that little voice in your head, the one that helps us make decisions that is. Best of luck with yours!

16. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    I had a look on the UKGSer site after HT said how uncomfortable it was and as Helmut says it looks like they are bought as second (or 3rd, 4th or 5th) bikes to do short trips on sunny days to the local café etc. One owner was asking how others got over the uncomfortable seat. one reply he got (from a BA pilot) was he simply sold the bike. Says it all really. @Winglad have a go on the normal R nine T. I had one as a loan bike last year while my GS was in for the TFT update and it was a right laugh and think you'd really like it as a HD fan;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Think, I’d have a hard time trading my beloved Bobby in, but I might give it a try!
    By now, you should be able to actually do a test-ride; in the beginning, the Hipsters bought that thing quicker than any of us could say “Schlachtet die Gummikuh’ :D
    Right @Tigcraft !?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Never said a word me, didn't like the bike so never commented ;);) FAKE NEWS :joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I know Triumph have the new 1200 scrambler thing, but the 1200 twin in a Tiger frame - that'd be a winner I'm sure.

20. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    My miss....confused you with Hamburg.... will need to see nursie about my meds;)

• Like Like x 1