Domed Hex Bolts St 1050

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sprinter1050uk, May 26, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter1050uk

May 4, 2017
    Mansfield, Notts
    Last week parked my bike in city centre parking bay for about 4 hrs. Ride off then noticed one of the infill panels on the fairing next to the bars was moving round. Looked down and a bolt was missing. Checked the other side and that was missing.Genuinely believe that some oik had taken them, losing one, could have shaken loose but noticed the loose panel straight away two was real bad look seeing as I’ve had the bike 9 yrs. To cut to the chase contacted local Triumph dealer with all details, not in stock. 5 days later, they are in stock,£3.80 each plus £6 postage for two bolts. Arrived this morning and they are chrome not black/grey as original. Contact dealer say it’s right part. Send them photo so that they can contact HQ. Hour later get email saying that in 2009 ( year of my bike) they changed them to chrome. Not sure that I have ever seen chrome on other ST’s other than the outside of the fairing or is that the reason someone decided to liberate my bike of 2 bolts. I can hide the chrome ones inside the plastic and put the black ones where they are visible but what a palaver. Rant over.

• Like Like x 1