Does Your T100 Guage Cluster "rock" A Little Up And Down?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MotoMick, Sep 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MotoMick

MotoMick New Member

Feb 7, 2022
    USA
    The guage cluster on my 2022 T100 is a little loose. It "rocks", back and forth, clockwise and couterclockwise. I have not noticed it rocking or shaking when I ride. But if I grab hold of it, I can rock it back and forth a little. I don't see a fastener that I can tighten. (There are two philips head screws and some hex screws on the backside of the cluster, but they are all tight.)

Anyone else notice the gauge cluster having some free play? Maybe this was done to minimize vibration to the cluster? (I cannot see if the guage is mounted in rubber bushings.)

Thanks for any help.

2. MotoMick

MotoMick New Member

Feb 7, 2022
    USA
    Oops, I mispelled "Gauge".

3. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    I’m sure it’s meant to be like that. My Street Cup and the T120 use the same gauge cluster and I noticed the same ability to “rock” it. I’m sure it’s deliberate vibration damping, my SC certainly feels fairly vibey around 4000 rpm.

Don’t worry about it and enjoy the ride.:)

4. MotoMick

MotoMick New Member

Feb 7, 2022
    USA
    Thanks man. I watched a video by Missenden Flyer where he was taking the gauges off to replace the dial faces. In one part of the video, when the backs are off the cluster, you can definitely see that there is free play.