Sprint Does Lh Standard Handlebar Of Sprint 955i Rs Touch The Tank?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by MartyWilson, Jun 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Hi all, this is a question to any Sprint RS owners out there who have the original bars on their bike. Mine came to me with ST bars on it which I found were giving me grief in the wrist department so I put the feelers out and got a pair of original bars that arrived yesterday and I fitted today. All great and much more comfortable on a ride out but I notice that, if you put the steering to full lock on the left the switch unit on the left hand bar comes into contact with the tank. Is this normal or what might be the cause? Any pics of your bars for reference would be handy if this problem isn't normal. Cheers in advance.

2. Robert Wagner

Robert Wagner New Member

Jul 30, 2019
    Minneapolis, MN
    My 2000 RS when turned all the way to the left (for locking) does not touch the tank. It comes within a 1/4 inch - 1/8 inch from touching the tank.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Thanks for the reply, that is odd. They are definitely off a 955i RS and mine is definitely registered as a 955i RS from 2002 (second generation engine). I wonder if, perhaps it is where and how I have located the left hand grip and switch unit. If I put it a little farther down the bar it might solve the problem. I will need to look at it tomorrow in the daylight.