Does Anyone Have One Of These………...

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Spacefrog, Nov 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    And thats a FreedConn TCOM-SC 2.4GHz Bluetooth Motorcycle FM Radio Helmet Intercom Headset.
    This doesnt look to bad for the money, but you know what its like, you buy it, you fit it, you use it.. but until then you dont see the pitfalls and really see how it works untill then, so wondering if any of you folks have the same and can shed some light what its really like………
    Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 14.02.45.png

2. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Yes Agreed dozers Dad, and a very valid point, i dont want it for phone calls, and it wont be connected to my phone, but just so my gorgeous wife can give me directions on our weekly rides to pubs for lunch…. ha, as we go to different pubs over the bridge into wales mostly…. but maybe the radio might be nice……..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Yes we do that, but i get tapped on the thighs , its a good system tho…….

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    DD Could be someone wanting to take up your 50 quid mutual take up offer from your Energy Supplier :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: don't want you losing out on a wallet filling potential :p:p:p

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    ive tried but dont understand this…...

6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Briefly in another post Dozers dad having received a good deal from a new energy supplier was given the opportunity to invite others to the business and in doing so each would receive 50 quid as a thankyou, DD offered this to others on the forum in the hope he and you would get lots of 50 Quids.
    Hope this helps :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Dougsbike

Dougsbike New Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Dunstable
    NOt so long ago I gave in and bought a FreedConn T-Com VB off Amazon for just under 40 quid. I have thought about getting one for ages but never wanted to pay a fortune for one so I decided to try this after reading loads of reviews for ages. I don't connect it to the phone to take a call, but love the radio and getting music as I am riding. once you start getting above 50 you have to turn it up because of wind/ pipe noise. I love having the music playing just like you would in a car but they say it only connects to another freedconn so if you are going for pillion intercom then get two so you are compatible with each other.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dave Caddy

Dave Caddy Member

May 19, 2018
    Somerset
    I've got a Freecom unit (not sure if it's the same model but looks simliar). I got this to pick up voice directions from the sat nag on my phone. I dont accept calls whilst riding but saves having to take your helmet off when you stop. The radio is rubbish but not to bad for listening to music but you do need a fairly quiet helmet to get the best out of it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Cornishman

Cornishman New Member

May 13, 2018
    Uk
    My wife and I had this set up for about 2 years. Not that make but identical. On Amazon there was prob 6 companies selling the same thing under different trade names.
    When it worked it was very good. The major problem was getting the units to acknowledge each other. Switching off and on 4 or 5 times until they decided to work was a pain in the bott.....
    Good value for money if it worked. Now upgraded to better quality units.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    so which ones did yo buy, was it a Cena by any chance…...

11. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I have a pair similar to these from the same manufacturer without the little display, £72 for the pair.

Cant compare to anything else as new to biking, but perform well for the price, good range, auto re-connects if you loose other rider, works well for voice sat nav instructions, surprisingly good battery life for such a titchy battery, battery maintains charge well at £36 each can't be bad. Not used the FM radio, prefer the sound of Edna.

The fixing plate to unit is not a brilliant fit so I've double-sided taped mine which is fine.

Connecting easy, turn both units on, then one of you taps the connect button again, fancy tone and bingo bongo

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Hi mate, ive got one of these, used it now for 1 year. For £30 its pretty good..
    1. Keeps charge for ages
    2. Loud enough with those foam ear plugs in to hear directions at 80mph on a speed triple (probe higher speed on a faired bike).
    3. Connects to other tcom units easily.
    4. Can connect to sena units with universal pairing (some other units don't have it)
    5. Music is clear too.
    6. Can get extra mic and earphone if you have another helmet.

Don't know what else to say really. Pretty good for the price

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Thank you for that Moe, a very good review which says everything i have read about it, just got my new helmet today so i will be ordering a couple of these i think...

hi.gif

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cornishman

Cornishman New Member

May 13, 2018
    Uk

Celluline f3mc..

15. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK

what bike do you have that has tors, only time i hear my swmbo is when she's screaming.

16. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    The said screaming i was referring to would be maybe a 70mph corner or a straight 120mph.

17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    IMHO you are better buying a Scala bluetooth device or something similar..........
    Wessa

18. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    hey Moe, when you have your headset connected to your phone, can you hear the voice commands from a sat nav app?
    if you have iPhone i use a brillant app called NAV-Mii which doesnt use any mobile data, it runs of gps and is totally free, it maybe available for android too,

iphone version
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navmii-offline-gps-uk-roi/id391334793?mt=8

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 19.18.13.png

and i found the android version here below…..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navfree.android.OSM.ALL&hl=en_GB

It would be really great if you could try it out, you never know, you might like it, its totally free and totally reliable, not very often you get something free that works so well….. anyone else who is reading….. give this app a go… its fantastic….

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    I found it on the Apps Store and would recommend that anyone interested should read the reviews. Current review scoring is 2.8 out of 5.

20. Moz Smith

Moz Smith New Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Fleetwood
    I've got one only used it once for GPS worked very well.

Screenshot_20220806-111317_WhatsApp.jpg