Distinguished Gentleman Ride 2020

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Mark Gilgallon, Aug 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Gilgallon

Mark Gilgallon Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Dublin Ireland
    #1 Mark Gilgallon, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    There is another thread on this, though I can't remember the title. Guillermo started it.

I'll be out on the bike, but it'll be a camping trip with Mrs. JtC on the Goldwing. I have contributed, however.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    I’ll be doing it in the Newcastle Upon Tyne City centre Area . Speed Twin, Tweed and moustache !! If anyone of you kind Sirs would like to sponsor me a couple of pound for this worthy cause please see my profile
    https://gfolk.me/Carlfortescue373874

4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Sept 27th

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I've done the DGR the past two years, Mark. It has been a terrific and fun event in Tucson with lots of support. I don't know that I'm going to do it this year, however, since it's designed as more of a "Ride Solo" fundraiser thanks to COVID restrictions. I've had lots of friends and family contribute generously in the past but will probably skip this year and participate again next year. I'll just make a donation myself through the DGR website.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Did this year before last. Small bunch out of Davenport. I raised a bunch of cash, but it was difficult to convince locals to donate when most of the funds end up getting spent in Australia or NZ. All of the local dealers declined to sponsor. Last year, the prime sponsor (Front Street Brewery) was washed out in the big flood, so they didn't participate. This year, simply begging for money to send abroad and riding some lonesome route isn't very appealing. Not clicking this year.

IMG_3105.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    Looking forward to tomorrow’s DGR. Hoping to be at Triumph Newcastle for about 1300 then ride around the town for a couple of hours. Any of you dapper gentlemen going to be in the area?

• Like Like x 1