Featured Disclock....

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Pegscraper, Feb 17, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #1 Pegscraper, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    After the trauma of losing the first Scrambler to thieving pond life I've settled on one of these to start with to carry round when I'm out and about, plus a lock and chain I already have. Seems pretty good quality and it's LOUD! Just got to make sure I USE the damn things of course.
    Not decided on which tracker to fit yet as still doing the homework.
    DA0597F0-E5B9-435F-8459-8F09C616ED02.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Yes, it comes with one. I've only tried to ride off once with a lock on and luckily the front wheel skidded in a straight line for around 6 ft or so and I just managed to avoid dropping the bike. This was, however, in front of a crowd of people at the MGP so "embarrassing" wasn't the word.:mad: On my old disc lock (which was in a bag on the rack of my old Scrambler when it was nicked, TOSSER!), I used a piece of that thick white knicker elastic that you couldn't really miss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    My trick for this is to put your bike key in the disk lock pouch with the disk lock key. You will never forget it's on your bike then ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

A clutch lock is good disc lock reminder that also adds to the security of the bike. If you remove a clutch lock and still go to ride off with your disc lock in place, you may just be beyond help.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.16.44 PM.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Shouldn't be such a problem with disc locks with a movement alarm incorporated, you should hear it sound off before you move the bike off it's stand. (so @Pegscraper should be ok)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Is the clutch on the right in America? It looks from your picture to be on the right hand side of the bike.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Semantics. They're interchangeable. They work on either side.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I always use one of those. After getting back into motorcycling a few years ago I remembered the several occasions I took out the speedo cables on my old bikes.

And now my new bike is twice the weight, and I'm more than twice the age, not the best combo if you drop a bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    Left hand drive bike I’d imagine.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BoredFish

BoredFish Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Italian in Ireland
    I use 3cm of electrical tubing (from which I removed the cores obviously) which I keep on the disc lock key. When I put the lock on, I move the tubing to the bike key. When I go to the bike, the starter key is inside the tube so I remember to remove the lock. (Old trick I know but apparently people are still using those horrible and annoying reminder cables....)

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1