Diod

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ola, Feb 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ola

Ola New Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Sweden
    Anyone know Were can I buy the doides that is sitting under the tank on my Bonneville 2002?
    // Ola

Diod.jpg

Dioder.png

2. Ola

Ola New Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Sweden
    Hello,
    I have been informed that it is not possible to buy this diodes separate , you have to buy the whole wire harness:triumph:. But is there anyone who know what ohms this diodes have? It is not so easy to see after 17 years!!
    // Ola

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #3 Callumity, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Hi Ola,

I think your best and cheapest solution is a mobile auto electrician. There is nothing special about the diode pack itself. The main thing is to understand what it does.

You have a starter lockout circuit with sidestand AND neutral/clutch switch. The diode is an electrical valve that effectively only lets current flow in one direction. Without getting into logic it means they can operate independently.

Armed with that understanding and a wiring diagram any auto electrician should effect a simple repair....... are you sure the diode has ‘popped’?

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Carbed T100 wiring diagram

A8C2E889-2BD6-446F-A173-A205D9324D6E.jpeg

5. Ola

Ola New Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Sweden
    Thank you for your answer, My local Triumph dealer said this was the problem . My tachometer and neutral lamp does not work.

6. Ola

Ola New Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Sweden
    Hello,
    Anyone know Where do I find the "Headlight cut-out relay"?
    //Ola