Thruxton Diary Of A Thruxton 900 Owner

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Thruccy Sean, Apr 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    The Arizona’s, mine did that, usually means the rubber washer is missing between the indicator head and stem. I got a pair of long nose pliers and crushed the edges of the metal casing in so I could get a purchase and twisted it out.

2. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I tried that but it was such a mess inside. It was almost as if the metal casing from the bulb had molded/rusted itself to the indicator casing. Ended up removing the entire thing and using an odd old indicator I had for my 125cc bike whilst I waited for a replacement Arizona to arrive.

And of course you can't buy them as singles! :confounded:

Got it all working again now though :)

Fitted a lovely short black front fender and tank/knee pads over Christmas too. Looks great.

Quite fancy either some chrome or black side panels for the bike as well. I'd like the big red fuel tank and engine to be the main focus of the bike so blacking certain parts of the bike out helps draw your attention to the main bits. Can't decide what to go with though. Black panels are far far cheaper than the chrome ones I've seen mind you ...

Regarding the screw in my tyre, the inner tube needed to be replaced but luckily the tyre was fine. Did the rear brake pads at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    The weather I've ridden in over the past few months has been utterly awful and the bikes taken a real hammering.

This morning I managed to give it probably the first 'semi' proper clean it's had in ... well ... I can't quite remember! I would of liked a bit more time to have given the wheels/spokes a real good clean but I had to take what time I could get whilst the kid at nursery.

Got a fairly decent clean in followed by the chain being tightened and lubed. Everything rubbed down nicely and then a new coating of ACF50 which should see me through for a while.

Anyway I took some pictures as this is the first time anyone here would of seen the bike with the tank/knee pads and the short black front fender. Oh yeah and the headlight grill too.

I'm still after some bristish custom short predator exhausts but at £700 they'll have to wait. Might get some black or even chrome side panels and I'm also looking into some clip on bars too, then I might be done :)

Hope everyones well and looking forward to some proper summer riding weather!

Sean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
  5. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Monza fuel cap fitted earlier today and just when I thought I was done with the bike for a while it seems the tail/brake light has stopped working.

Hoping it's just a bulb :tired_face:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Looks great, very shiny, is there a reason why it's fitted on the wonk? My OCD voices in my head asking the question
    ;)

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You’re not alone, heh heh

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Wonk????:confused:
    It’s a tank....isn’t it :confused:

10. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Everbody happy now!? :p

I tried a fresh bulb in the tail light and annoyingly it still doesn't work so guess I'll be fiddling with electics again tomorrow :mad:

[​IMG]

11. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    have a look at the earth on the tail light, mine was always coming loose

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I remember when I replaced one of the rear indicators last (the whole unit had to be replaced as the bulbs casing had rusted insdide) anyway the tail light was a bit 'flickery' for a bit after I put everything back together. You could almost tap the tail light casing and the light would go off/come on with each tap. So I was expecting an issue at some point. That was months ago though.

As you say hopefully a wires just come loose.

13. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Had the seat off and was checking out the connections for the tail light, to be honest a few of the wires looked loose and I wasn't particulary happy with where the cables were routed either so it was hard to tell what was causing the tail light to malfunction. Ended up taking most of it apart and cleaning everything (how dirty does it get in there :eek:) before re-routing the cables and then heat shrinking everything rather than wrapping it in tape. Seems to work again now ...most of the time.

Ended up leaving the plastic seat cover thing (does it have a name?) off as I thought the bike looked pretty cool without it.

Right, what's next ....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Next thing is to find out what the seat cover thing is really called :D suggestions?

15. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    A seat thingy called Simon?????

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I’ve got one of those!!

18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sean, have you got the standard “Lucas” tail light or the LED one?

19. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Standard Crispey.

20. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah, I had the standard one and had alsorts of issues, I persevered until the thing came unbolted and ended up in bits down the a24. The led one has been a lot more stable, intact, fingers crossed, no probs at all, looks the same and it’s brighter. I got mine with a tailtidy but here you go
    You could phone them and check it’ll bolt on to your tailtidy, I’m sure it will.

• Like Like x 2