Detailing/valeting Recommendations

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by mountainstumble, Jul 23, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mountainstumble

Jul 29, 2019
    Nottingham
    Hey all,

I'm after a company to undertake some detailing or at least do a high quality valeting job on the street twin after a broken pump at the petrol station spilt fuel everywhere.

Can anyone make a recommendation of companies that are good at this on motorbikes? Pref in Nottinghamshire or in surrounding counties.

2. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Forgive my presumption but why would you need a professional company to do this?
    I mean no disrespect ( honest) but I'm curious as to what problems this has created.

3. mountainstumble

Jul 29, 2019
    Nottingham
    No disrespect taken.

A minor complaint to the company about the fact that the staff still charged me the full amount for all the petrol that came out of the pump (even the stuff on the bike and floor) was immediately directed to their insurance company who asked for quotations to remedy it.

I was more frustrated that the petrol was coming out all around the handle and they had no idea what to do until I suggested killing the pump. Also, afterwards I managed to get about 20 miles before having to stop at another petrol station (very little petrol went in the tank).

I figured having the bike cleaned professionally was fair remedy. Do you think it's fair?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Oh, I see your point now.
    Good luck with that.
    Al

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    I suppose you could adopt the line that, as their pump handle was faulty, dripping fuel onto a hot exhaust was a calamity waiting to happen? On the other hand, no harm was done and you came away with no damage. Sometimes it pays to count your blessings.

6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    But if they're willing to pay for a bike detailing then why not take them up on it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mountainstumble

Jul 29, 2019
    Nottingham
    Great idea but they want 2 quotes for the work.

8. mountainstumble

Jul 29, 2019
    Nottingham
    Good plan, if I can find two companies to actually give me a quote....

• Like Like x 1