Delivery Times

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by destination, Mar 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    Hi I ordered and paid a deposit on a speed twin on the 14th of Feb and still havnt got a delivery date, the best I can get is mid April maybe,

Is this normal ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    @Wessa Perhaps this man can help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    In the same boat mate. Ordered mine on the 15th February; latest date I have is the same mid April.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I nipped into Team Roberts near Doncaster at the end of February hoping to get a sneaky look at the Speed Twin (it was out being run in) and as usual the desk top was littered with paperwork for new bikes going out on March 1st, great to see, but, on the side was an equally large pile of papers for new bikes that they had no idea when they were even going to arrive at the shop. Good in one respect that sales are still strong but not so good that delivery times are so long, if they can even give you one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm going to ring my dealer today to see if there is any update. I'm not to bothered about the mid April date, it works for me and interestingly was the same last year when I had the speedmaster delivered in mid April. I ordered that in February as well. Shows that Triumph if anything are consistent with delivery dates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Same with Speed triple RS last year , mid April, so hopefully they WILL be on time ! Looks a great bike - 44 teeth tested it and were very impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    When I ordered Hugh I only got a rough date, which ended up being two weeks later once they eventually knew when the container containing his crate was landed in the UK.

It's pretty normal. I'm hoping to change one of my cars this year and the dealer was telling me it is a three month minimum wait for a new Ford if it's not in central stocks (didn't tell him I would be buying a nearly new used and just wanted the test drive).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Way to go Trev....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    thanks for the replies looks like I just need to give it a bit more time

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    No update from my dealer today, so the wait goes on..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I suppose if Brexit happens :laughing: then there could be delays at the ports or so some are trying to tell us :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    Who knows when :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Could well be the case, who knows what is going to happen given the crap over the past couple of days?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Your all safe for another 3 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep looking that way....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Spoke to my dealer today and they have confirmed my vin number and registration number. I’m now able to sort insurance out. Looks like the bike will be at a the factory on the 10th April and with me a few days later... it’s coming.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dale

Dale Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Cincinnati
    3 mos for a new Ford? A special order? Just go down the stree & buy one here or internet it & either way have it there in 2 weeks.
    Waiting for a container of Triumphs to arrive in the UK?
    How times have changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    My dealer on Saturday told me the 7 red speed Twins and the one black one they have sold now have VIN numbers and should be here soon. he said the Speed twins were made at Hinckley.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    I could be wrong but I think your dealer is wrong. I understand all twins are made in Thailand and triples in UK

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    No they’re not.

I don’t think I’d have much confidence in that Triumph dealer if he doesn’t know where a present day new Triumph is made.

Steve Sergent, Chief Product Officer, Triumph Motorcycle Ltd

So what bikes are assembled here in the UK?

“The Speed Triples, Tiger Sports, Explorers, Rocket IIIs and Daytonas. The decision of what to build where comes partly from logistics – if the vast majority of the market is Europe or US based, it makes more sense to manufacture in the UK. If the volume is elsewhere, it might make more sense to build it in Thailand.

“There are a whole host of issues, including what capacity we have to manufacture in Thailand compared to the UK at any time; we’re constantly juggling that, and there have been instances when we’ve started to build a bike in Thailand – the Rocket being probably the most famous – but we didn’t have the capacity to do it in addition to other bikes there, so we brought it back here.

“We don’t have a hard and fast rule – we don’t say ‘This must be a Thailand-built bike, or this must be a UK-built bike’ – what we’re looking at is our capacity across all of our sites, and how best to use that capacity.

“As far as we’re concerned, Triumph Manufacturing is Triumph Manufacturing – whether it’s UK based or Thailand based, it’s a resource that we have available to us that we can use in the best way we can. It’s not an ‘us and them’ situation; it’s all one company.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1