Decent Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by toffeeboy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Looking for a pair of short boots to wear on my Bonnie, doesn't fee quite right wearing my Sidi race boots.

What do you guys wear or recommend?

Thanks

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Triumph did a pair of 'period' strong boots that looked the part which were on offer this time last year but I didn't catch the name of them.
    I generally wear a pair of Clarks street walking boots as opposed to chunky field boots

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Dougie, these boots of yours seem to have rather mixed reviews with some falling apart after only one or two years. Personally at £170 I would expect them to last A LOT longer.

My bike boots came from BMW. I bought them approx 20yrs ago and they are still comfy and totally waterproof to this day. Got a bit chewed by a puppy but that's not the boots' fault ;););)

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Dave - did you buy your "kevlar" jogging bottoms 20 years ago as well? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    No mate, the kevlar versions weren't available then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I was going to say something about the big lads pants but you beat me to it Steve!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    And just to hijack this thread....
    I had my evening tea with wife and friends last night at the pub nr castleton!!

9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I think you saw his "kevlar" under-crackers - a very different product and not for those of a nervous disposition!:eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah i noticed a few had given them a bad review but the majority were good,i think they are supplied to the police force, Magnum are a part of hi-tec which i have an account with so i paid quite a bit less than £170 :D i've had them for a couple of years with no problems yet and they really are super comfy :)

11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    They look good for the money - £64 - I think I might have some !!!!

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Jez i thought Hein Gericke went bust a couple of years ago,they must have started up again,they used to do some good stuff

13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    maybe someones bought the name, or maybe just selling online now

• Like Like x 1
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Hein Gericke UK went bust, they stayed on-line and overseas. Making a slow comeback in the UK.

Always had Alpinestars boots, stayed waterprooff and comfortable. I just weaar my race boots under jeans or textiles, sod wht they look like, prefer full protection of my dainty little ankles :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    When I first started riding I used to wear walking style boots as I couldn't afford proper bike boots. I found the soles didn't have enough 'feel' and they were a bit awkward when changing gears as the toes were too chunky and the boots lacked any flex. Not sure I'd want to go back to that tbh

16. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Great anecdote, I used to wear DMs on my AP50, never managed the laces trick, very impressive though and I can see exactly how it would happen:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a look at Altberg boots, based in Richmond, N.Yorks.
    Not cheap boots but excellent quality. Mine are over 18 years old and showing little sign of use. They are still very comfortable (all day), still waterproof and look like they will outlast me by by a considerable margin. Lent them to a nephew who tried, and failed, to destroy them. Little twat - took ages to get them cleaned up, but they came up again like new.
    I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone who wants a boot for life!

18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Y
    You really are a proper B*W
    Got one of them 'ewan and charlie' B*W suits too!!!! Lol.

• Like Like x 3
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

He's gonna tell us he's got a schuberth helmet to complete the full German???? :eek:

• Like Like x 3