Tiger 1050 Debating changing Tiger 800 XRX to new Tiger Sport???

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Wassers, Oct 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Not long to go now. I've heard the demo Ducati Multistrada 950 bikes will become available early Feb. My local Triumph dealer has promised to lend me their Tiger Sport demo on the same day I'm trying the Ducati 950 demo so I can do a back-to-back comparison and try and make up my mind.

2. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi Stu. BTW, did you go with any extras when you purchased your Sport? If I go ahead, I'm considering the arrow exhaust, centre stand and heated grips.

3. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Finally got a date to test ride the Multi 950, which is a week today (Sat 4th Feb). My local Triumph dealer are loaning me their demo Tiger Sport the same day so I can do a back to back comparison. Should be interesting.

4. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Finally the day arrived. And so lucky with amazing weather today considering its been hammering down all week. So rode the Tiger Sport and Ducati Multistrada back to back today. The Sport was ok, but lacked any sense of occasion and I found it too refined if anything. The Ducati however just oozed soul. Sounded awesome and in my opinion looked awesome too. I was so impressed with it I've ordered one, and my current Tiger 800 XRx is leaving me on Tuesday. Wish me luck everyone - I'm going Italian! Still got my Triumph Thruxton R though! That's a keeper.

5. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Lol. Thanks Littleaid. I'm told the bike will arrive in March, so will send some photos when it arrives. BTW, monthly PCP cost was a very reasonable £126 per month. Fingers crossed I get a good one.

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Yes but how big was the deposit; how big is the balloon payment at the end ??

7. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I think it MIGHT be that Wassa has already paid for all the repairs, by the size of the deposit !!!!!!

8. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Lol. Littleade, you are spot on sir. I don't intend to pay the balloon payment and keep it after 3 years. If the experience is good I'd chop it in for another one, or something similar. I paid £2,500 deposit. Pretty much exactly the same costs as a Triumph on PCP.

9. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It'll be interesting to see how the programmed PCP mileage compares with the actual mileage in 3 years.

10. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I've gone with 6k miles per year on the PCP as that's what mileage I've done on my Tiger during the last couple of years.

11. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    Hi all - a long overdue update. Well its been 8 months since the Tiger went and I bought the Ducati Multi 950 (crikey 8 months already!) and must say I am thoroughly enjoying the Ducati. I've put 6k on it already and enjoyed every trouble free mile so far. Yes, you read that right, trouble free... on a Ducati! Quality appears very good, the noise from the stock can is awesome and always makes me grin, I've done some touring over in France and my local dealer has been superb. Only added a couple of optional extras, a centre stand and auxiliary lights. I still have my Triumph Thruxton R which I still think is absolutely awesome. Great to have 2 very different bikes. I'll post up a a couple of photos soon.

12. Wassers

Wassers Active Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    1.JPG

4.JPG

6.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Granite

Granite New Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Aberdeen Scotland
    im a ‘17 plate 1050sport owner but can’t comment on the bike a commuter.
    Traded up from a 2010 GSXR 750.
    Totally different bike to what I’m used to but lovin every minute of it so far. 17” wheels allow it to turn in so easily. Seat isn’t the greatest and at 6’2” tall, the screen was the first to be changed in favour of a 10cm taller screen.