Dear Margorie...

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by ChasChas, Aug 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Bought an '02 Trip. Was told it was serviced maybe a year ago so this weekend did the plugs, filters, oil.
    Why . Won't. It. Start?

Fired initially (rough) then died. I think there's no fuel going through but I don't get why. Reassembly was reverse of disassembly Took the tank off again, whacked some contact cleaner on the couple of plugs I'd unplugged. I'm not sure why the incalcitrant thing wont fire so have taken the sensible option of cooking a paella , drinking wine and registering on a forum of bike misfits.

I've missed something schtoopid but I'm not sure what. Help a brother out

2. Chaos

Chaos Member

May 27, 2020
    Canada
    You missed the olives and bread....o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Hopefully sleep and a new day will cause you to gently punch yourself between the eyes when you realise your error. Just very slowly rehearse the disassembly and reassembly process.

We won’t try and beat a confession out of you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Possibly trapped a breather hose whilst removing and remitting the tank? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Fixed this morning. Took the top hose off and turned ignition on to check flow (there was) and it started after. So maybe an airlock? Threw the dreaded orange lamp but I've one of those bluetooth obd readers that told me it was a fuel pump fault (obv now resolved) so cleared the code and it's not reappeared.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    See? The bike just needed a nap.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Don't we all. I'm calling it a bonding moment :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    I'll tack onto this thread rather than start anew until I get round to uploading pics. Seems the bike has had several careful previous owners judging by the mods and the amount of stainless bolts. One owner whose spanner license should be revoked tho finding the amount of mangled hex and torx fasteners when servicing. Nothing near anything critical tho so the owner that lacked opposable thumbs had very mild ambition, thankfully

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChasChas

ChasChas Marxist Scum

Aug 9, 2020
    Kent
    Again, not worth a fresh thread but I'm pleased to have received today a bucket of assorted stainless fasteners. I also have a tub of coppaslip and a weekend planned.
    I cant abide a scruffy fastener

• Like Like x 1