Dealership- Wrecked

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Fork Lock, Oct 10, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I looked at highway bars all over the web. I sent two sets back that I didn't like. I finally decided to suck it up and buy them from my dealership. I tried to avoid this because Triumph's bars are expensive, but I called my dealer and ordered the bars. They came in the other day and I went over to pick them up. My dealership is Quaker City Motorsports in Philly, the Manayunk section to be exact. People in Manayunk don't like to admit it, but they are part of Philadelphia. It's about 30 miles from where I live in South Jersey, but it's the only Triumph dealer around. When I walked in I couldn't believe it. There were no bikes on the floor, no merchandise, no sales desks, nothing! I thought, oh shit! They're closing up shop! I saw my salesman buddy, Vince, a cousin of one of my good friends. I asked him what the hell was going on. He said "Didn't you hear about the flood?" I had completely forgotten about Hurricane Ida blasting through in early September. She missed us in South Jersey, but went right up the Delaware River and wrecked parts of Philly. Vince said it was only a couple days that they had reopened. Their show room is up a flight of steps from the street, probably about six feet. He looked at me and said the water in the building would have been over my head (I'm 6'2"). They lost 216 new and used motorcycles, all of their merchandise, clothing, all the mechanics' lifts, machinery and tools in the shop, all the furnishings and computers in the show room and offices. The loading dock in the rear of the building had washed away. In the photos you will see a variation in color on the brick front. That was the water line. They are trying to put things back together, but he wasn't even sure they will be back in business. Very sad indeed.

Front.jpg

Beemer.jpg

Bikes.jpg

Bikes 2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Very sad, let's hope there back in business soon

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, @Fork Lock. :( Yes, that is very sad indeed. I hope Quaker City can recover and make a go of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

And it wasn't even a hurricane anymore by the time it got that far north. Guess it just dumped a shitload of rain. I seem to remember that being called for, esp in NYC. Crossed over the western part of my state but I don't recall damage being that extensive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Fork Lock
    Wow disaster. Will they have an auction for the damaged stock.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Always sad to hear about businesses being taken out my natural disaster . I hope they get up and running soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Terrible sight! What a shame

8. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    They're working on getting back up to speed. They are right across the road from a river, but damn.
    I bought a bike from them a while back. Good guys, I wish them a speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    The road (Main St. Manayunk) WAS the river, the Schuylkill River (pronounced Skookul by the locals) crested at over 17', breaking a record set in 1869. Two people drowned and another person was killed when a tree fell on her house in nearby Montgomery County, PA. With the loss of life taken into consideration, losing a few motorcycles pales in comparison. Mother Nature is a bitch.

• Agree Agree x 2