Dealer discounts?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Yorkie199, Feb 9, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Having not bought a brand new bike for too many years than I care to remember I am now starting to look at a couple of new Triumphs probably the Tiger 800 xrt, is there any likelihood of any discount on new machines nowadays or is it normally you pay the ticket price?

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Definitely try and haggle, particularly at this time of year.
    If they've got them in stock they need to sell, particularly if they have any older models.
    If they won't knock owt of the bike, do a deal on the biking gear, helmet, jacket, boots, gloves.
    Service package, tracker, alarm, extras like rack, centre stand etc.
    Study it all before you go and have a list memorised for haggling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Thank you MickEng hopefully it might help with me not trading anything in ....we will see.

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    If you have the cash and no trade in even better still.
    Gap insurance is another thing that can be negotiated. i.e. If your bike gets stolen they make up the difference between book value and a new bike.
    Good luck and enjoy the haggling, remember you are in the driving seat!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    All good info guys cheers

6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    If you plan to have some accessories then that is always a good barging point :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    If you can find a dealer with one in stock, which they've had for a while they'll probably do a better deal.....

Personally I ring round and just ask what their best price is, cash or finance. Do it now and I'll bet they'll follow up at the end of the month.

I bought my Thruxton last year from Maidstone and got £1000 of extras for nothing and free fitting. It was a 10 minute phone call. All other dealers wouldn't budge a fiver....

I was quite prepared to catch the train down, it's nice to have a good ride back on a new bike but they were happy to deliver 150 miles.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    End of the month is always a good time to buy to ensure dealer targets are met.
    A good few years ago I bought a new Ford Fiesta MkV 1.4 Zetec for £7000 otr instead of just under £10000 by buying just before the month end.:D My inner Yorkshireman was truly delighted!!:cool::):)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    That would be a nice saving :))

10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    End of month combined with end of year is a very good time.

I popped into the local dealers with a mate who was thinking about a new Speed Triple S, just before Christmas.
    He asked the sales guy for a cost to change from his 2013 Speed, the guy came up with a very good deal, my mate says OK and we wander into the accessory area to pick some spares up.
    As we wandered back out we were looking at the bikes and the sales guy starts offering my mate a better deal, mate just says OK again and we carry on looking.
    By the time we walked out, he could have saved over a £1000 on what was already a good price when he first asked, just by walking around the shop for 5 minutes :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Unless your going to buy a new bike within the next week I don't think you'll get much of a discount if at all.
    New registration starts 1st March and the next couple of months are the busiest time of the year for new bikes rolling out of showrooms. So dealers are happy and have most probably hit there sales quota.

In a few more months time sales of new bikes would have tailed off and dealers will be eager to sell.
    That's the best time to get a good discount, but if your after a newly released popular model then you may struggle to get a decent discount.
    As others have said have a go for cheaper or free servicing or clothing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Thanks a lot for your input everybody I went and bought a 2015 Tiger 800 xrt today and am pleased with the deal that I got and also they have given me the same free panniers deal that the new Tiger has plus Triumph now do approved used so it also gets a 12 month manufacturers warranty......pick it up next Friday so hopefully it'll
    Be decent weather.
    IMG_0595.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Great looking bike Yorkie.
    Get in there!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Thanks a lot Mick ......roll on Friday :)

15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Nice one Yorkie :cool: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but OMG not another blue one ;):)

You'll have some extra special friends on this forum now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Your bang on Ade,especially after Mr O and Jez had bought everyone's drinks the night before,,,,hic :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    The beak will be on order soon :)

• Like Like x 1