Daytona Wont Start And A Weird Braided Line Out Of The Airbox?

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by mgordonvegas8, Sep 27, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mgordonvegas8

mgordonvegas8 New Member

Oct 21, 2021
    san antonio tx
    My recently acquired 99 Daytona 955i wont start. I removed the tank and airbox to replace the plugs and everything seems to be plugged back in and it will crank over strongly but not catch. I can spray some starting fluid into the airbox inlets and it will try to catch so I dont think its a spark issue, seems to be more fuel related. The pump and lines all seem to be connected correctly, Ive tried with the sidestand up and the clutch in but no luck.

Any suggestions

Also - there seems to be a plastic braided style hose line that goes up from the riders right side of the airbox. Based on form I am think it connects somewhere near the front of the bike but I cant figure out where. Pic is attached, any guidance on what this is and where it goes would be appreciated (perhaps it mounts in one of the airbox tubes?) NOTE: I dont think this its related to either of the small ports on the tank (riders left side)[​IMG]

One note - I did replace the fuel pump plate and unit recently but I dont think thats the issue.

IMG_0374.jpg

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    #3 Col_C, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    No specific experience of the Daytona, but that type of plastic corrugated tube was usually used on vacuum lines by Triumph in that era. Might help you track down where it should fit?
    Possibly connected to the extra emissions equipment fitted to USA bikes?
    upload_2022-10-3_18-27-0.png

4. mgordonvegas8

mgordonvegas8 New Member

Oct 21, 2021
    san antonio tx
    apparently this is a feed to the pressure sensor that is on the riders right side of the airbox. It apparently joins into a small hole in the snorkel tube that connects to the airbox itself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    And does it start now?

6. mgordonvegas8

mgordonvegas8 New Member

Oct 21, 2021
    san antonio tx
    it still doesnt start but I did figure out where the plastic braided line goes. Apparently its supposed to join into the ECU directly for my 98/99 daytona. I have to see if I can find the join piece for the hose that comes out of the ECU but after that its fingers crossed!

ecu.jpg

• Like Like x 2