Daytona 750 Value

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Minpops, Nov 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
    Hi I have joined to get an idea of ball park values on the early Hinckly Daytona 750. A very good friend passed away earlier on this year. I am helping his widow clear some bikes including his Daytona 750.

Needs a good clean, fairing currently off but all there and starts and runs. Not resprayed from OE paint.

Am calling in later today so will get more details etc.

Peter

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Photos would be useful if you can get them.:)

3. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
    Sure rained all day today so will try tommorow bike very dirty currently sobreluctant to post any pics befor i clean it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
  5. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
    Some pics I know bike ran before fairing removed. Currently throttle cables seized as been stood at least 3 years. Dry but dusty garage. Would clean up ok. Have mirrors and indicators also.
    Any idea of value please anyone

6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    No idea of value but it looks to be in pretty good shape there, careful recommissioning, reassembly, and a good clean up will surely be the way to get best price if selling is the ultimate aim?

7. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
    The idea is to sell as is. Wiĺl wash and clean up a little but no intention of putting back together. Apx19k on clock and believe genuine.
    What do people think should ask.

8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Sell as we see it in the pics ? £400 and be ready to take offers for a sale on the day.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Would love this to go with my Daytona 1000 but just bad timing!!!!! Hate to see some prat break this up for spares!!!! I hope someone has saved it!?

10. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    That's the sad bit! To break it would be easy so I hope its been saved! I bought my 1000 just because I knew it would end up in a breakers at its selling price. Rumour has it only 200ish were built? Mind loads are probably parked up in garages ...just like my 1000. Ill sort it ...one day lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Minpops

Minpops New Member

Nov 7, 2017
    loughborough
    It is still available. Widow is currently thinking about what to do.
    I know it was put away as a runner with only about 19k on clock and fairing taken off to tidy up. Then forgotten to move onto other project's. Only reason stopped using was age of rider weight and seat height.
    I agree would be shame to break.
    Peter

12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    If the bike is still available I know an interested buyer who can collect. I'll get back to you with a cash offer.