Daytona 675 Or 600tt

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Gazaroo, Apr 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gazaroo

Gazaroo New Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Lancashire
    Hi,

I need a bit of advice please I’m looking at getting the 600tt or 675 Daytona early 2000 as my first big bike and would be grateful of some advice please.

What price should I be paying , what should I look out for and what are the problems they suffer from.

Cheers,
    Gary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Hi Gary,
    As a TT rider I'd say £800-£1200 ish should get you a tidy example, then up to £2000 should find you on a good bike with plenty of history and lower mileage. Early TT's (two tone paint work usually) had an iffy tune and were a little stuttery at slow speed but other than that were a good ride. Read MCN's review, no major issues I believe. As for Daytona's, I guess you mean the 600/650 more angular shaped machine, regulators and generator problems (charging system) but to be fair I've had that on my TT just last year. Cost about £200 to fix and fairly easy with good tools and a Haynes manual. Fifty MPG is a common return, depending on the wrist. Parts are still in fairly good supply.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gazaroo.
    Both bikes are good machines and looked after properly can run sweet. The one thing I would say is get used to them first they have a way of surprising you and are truly speed machines especially that Daytona. Prices vary and Daytona's hold there value very well. But to know what's it's worth depends on condition service owner ship and present running.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3