Daytona 600 Wont Start Again

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Musson, Apr 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield
    Hi guys it's been a while,

Anyway my Daytona wont start again, its turning over fine but just wont fire.

Its had a new fuel pump, new plugs and a new map sensor and now its showing the fault code p1500.

If someone could shed some light on where else to look thatd be great.

Cheers guys,

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Just did a quick Google and P1500 comes up as Vehicle wheel speed sensor intermittent failure. :rolleyes:
    Has it been running at all since the replacement parts have been fitted? Have you checked that it’s getting fuel through?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield

Surely that shouldn't stop it running though?

It hasn't ran since October, I went out on it parked it up then 3 days later tried to start and it's not started since,

The plugs are getting soaked in fuel when I'm trying to start it so I'm guessing fuel is getting through, I've taken each plug out and checked them all for spark and they all have spark, I'm at a loss as to what it could be it's almost like its immobilized itself

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You need a wiring diagram then and check for voltage to the coil sticks then work back if there’s none there.
    Crank sensor is another to check for correct resistance.
    Could also be a poor ground somewhere, or a connection that’s been disturbed when you’ve had it in bits.
    A methodical check through the wiring is what you’ll need to do it seems. Sorry if I’m stating the obvious to you ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield
    I'm slowly working my way through the wiring it's just finding time I'm still working 55 hours a week at the minute, but I hate electrics with a passion :joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. London_Day_600

Jul 7, 2019
    LONDON
    You say it has fuel & spark - why do you need to check electrics/wiring?

Was it ridden after the 'new fuel pump, new plugs and a new map sensor' were fitted?

How about an old fashioned approach - unplug the fuel pump and spray some cold start into the air intakes while cranking?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield
    It has all 3 but doesn't start, I'm no mechanic i only know the basic stuff really so Im looking for ideas maybe a sensor has gone faulty that stopped it starting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. London_Day_600

Jul 7, 2019
    LONDON
    Perhaps from what you can see when it's disassembled, but what's happening when assembled in the in the cylinder?
    Is there a spark then?
    Plugs soaked in petrol - fuel needs to be atomised to ignite - is air getting to the cylinder?
    Is there compression?

Sometimes seeing components working correctly on visual inspection doesn't mean they are doing the same in their operating environment :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield

Everything appears to work individually,

My next step will more than likely be a compression test and hope for good news...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    If I may add, When doing your methodical checks, don't forget the kill switch. Don't be offended, this has happened to us all at one point!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    My working suspicion is old fuel and fouled plugs.

The most volatile elements in the fuel that most readily ignite will have evaporated off. Try Easy start in the intake before assuming anything more significant and keep your battery well charged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Musson

Musson Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Chesterfield

Its had fresh fuel and plugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. London_Day_600

Jul 7, 2019
    LONDON
    LOL... I've done that and can laugh about it now but at the time was just relieved there wasn't anyone else present to point it out to me!

"Should this red button be switched to ON?" :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Harris Nguyen

Harris Nguyen New Member

Mar 17, 2021
    Texas
    I’m seeing all these post and the sound right in line with the bike I bought in Dallas and it’s crazy to me

15. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Have you tried fully charging your battery and then checking the voltage?