Daytona 600 What To Go For?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by voo2doo, Apr 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. voo2doo

voo2doo New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    North Wales
    I've just bought a Daytona 600 on a 04 plate. The guy who had it before me was an older gent and rode the bike upright. The rear tyre has squared off so I'm looking into a new set of tyres for it.
    Are there ny recommendations that you gents have used in the past or any to steer clear from.
    I normally use Deon Tweeks for tyres as the do great package deals.
    Thanks
    J.

2. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    If your on a budget try Michelin PR2 there a very good tyre in the wet & dry, I prefer these to the newer sports touring tyres which are all about wet grip,they also give excellent mileage for around £180 fitted to loose wheels,if it’s a sports tyre you fancy try Bridgestone S21s great dry grip & not bad mileage for £190-200 fitted to loose wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I fitted some roadtech 01s to a Yamaha tracer 900 when they first came out after I watched the mcn tyre review were they came top tyre, I found they gripped really well in the wet and dry but the tyre profile is too flat for me, at 3700 miles my front was fxxked on the shoulders,With tyres I know what suits one rider will not necessarily suit another but for a sporty bike like a Daytona I would fit a sports touring tyre that’s on the sporty side rather than touring side and take with a pinch of salt tyre reviews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. voo2doo

voo2doo New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    North Wales

Yes , I have seen these on Demon Tweeks. Here are the new ones as well.
    https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/metzeler-roadtec-01-se-motorcycle-tyre-package-2011022/
    https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/metzeler-roadtec-01-motorcycle-tyre-package-2003096/

J

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. voo2doo

voo2doo New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    North Wales
    Just a quick one , what tyre pressures are the manufacturers spec? I have googled it but there are so many options. An average will do thanks.
    J

6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I run my sports and sports tourer type bikes on 32 front 36 rear, fairly standard for solo riding :cool::cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Tyre choice is almost always a personal preference.

I've stuck to a personal maxim of 'ride British, buy British' and will only put Avons on my Triumphs. I've only once had a problem with Avon tyres and that was on my '92 Trident 900 when the front end became slow to turn and vague on whatever Avon I chose at the time. I 'phoned Avon and got to speak to a tyre tech. in Customer Support; explained the problem and he got back to me with a brand new tyre, suppliied and fitted locally (at no cost) of a slightly different type - can't remember the designations now, but the replacement worked fine!

I have Avons on the wife's Street Triple (Ultra 3DXM, I think) have 2 pairs ready to go on my Street and Speed Triples; Distanzias on my Tiger 900, and whatever letter spaghetti it was I put on the Trident.

The last couple of sets I bought came from Sticky Stuff tyres https://www.motorcycletyresandaccessories.co.uk/3_avon and, with a little bit of negotiation, were as cheap as I could find anywhere.

It IS a personal choice, of course, but worth considering. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1