Daytona 600 - Modifications......

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Teighto, May 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Teighto

Teighto Member

May 14, 2017
    Hythe
    Morning All,

I've recently purchased a 2004 D600 and I'm looking to put a bit of personality into it so was after some info on the following if anyone can help :)

Are their any decent sites for D600 parts and accessories ?

Im looking at doing a tail tidy - if anyone has done this could you post some pics, I've done some searches and checked on eBay - but can't see to find what I'm looking for.

What other bikes can i use an exhaust hanger from as i want to remove the rear foot pegs as i won't be carrying pillion so i want to remove these just to tidy up the back end.

Indicators are huge on this bike so i want to get some LED micro ones - is eBay the best place for this ? What have you guys gone with ?

The handlebar grips are a bit worn on my bike so i want to change these for something a bit grippier, are th bars on these bike the standard size ?

The exhaust i have is standard can, i would like to get something a bit louder (just for presence when on road really as car drivers don't look !) so i don't want anything ear killing but better than standard ? where and what do you guys suggest !?

Apart from these little updates I'm really liking the bike so far :) any help from you guys will be much appreciated

Chris

2. Ollie147

Ollie147 New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Hampshire
    Looking around myself recently for parts and accessories, I found bits pretty hard to come by. The usual places like worldoftriumph, wemoto, fowlersparts do OEM stuff although a lot of bits are no longer available. For universal stuff, chains, sprockets etc just hunt around online for the best price. EBay I've found is good for used and a few new bits. Some TT600, D600 and Speed Four parts are interchangeable if I'm not mistaken.

Not seen any tail tidies but I was thinking about taking off my original plastic one and doing a bit of DIY on it, trim and shape it to my liking.

I've got clear mini arrows on the rear of my D600. Fitted by a previous owner and they look alright. My fronts are still original but considering matching the rears or getting some mini oval fairing indicators to give the bike a sleek look. Just beware very cheap ones. In the past i've had cheap aftermarket indicators let in water.

Grips I'm sure are 22mm diameter. Can't check as I've put grip puppies over my original grips due to an old thumb injury. Really soft and comfy though.

I have the same question about cans as I want to lose my standard can and I'm looking for something with a deeper note. First ones that pop up when I search are Pipewerx, Fuel, Baddog, Blueflame and GPR but opinions seem to vary. It seems early zx6r and the bolt on Bandit (1200 in particular) exhausts will also fit. As there doesn't seem to be many D600s around here to look and listen too, I'm torn between taking the plunge on a tri oval SS from Pipewerx or a new Yoshimura designed for a zx6r.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Teighto

Teighto Member

May 14, 2017
    Hythe
    Excellent thanks for all the info, i was thinking that parts for this particular bike seemed quite hard to find.

exhaust wise im not sure either, none of the guys i ride with have a D600 or even heard one without a standard exhaust. might be an expensive test ! let me know how you get on ;)

4. Teighto

Teighto Member

May 14, 2017
    Hythe
    P.S were abouts in hampshire ?

5. Ollie147

Ollie147 New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Hampshire
    I'm in Eastleigh. What ever I decide to order, if you are local to me your more than welcome to come take a listen. Videos never quite capture the sound

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teighto

Teighto Member

May 14, 2017
    Hythe
    That would be great mate, I'm just down the road in Hythe, but work around eastleigh so yeah soon as you sorted let me know :)

7. Liam B

Liam B New Member

Apr 14, 2021
    Winchester
    Alright lads,

just came across this thread while searching for a tail tidy for an 03 D600.

just wondering if you ever did find one and I like the look of the sleek fairing indicators. Which ones did you go for in the end.

8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Teighto for the exhaust try MTC Exhausts, they are good quality and very reasonable cost wise, for grips I would suggest Renthal, from memory R@G do blanking plates when removing the rear footrests. MTC can make a hanger for the exhaust to your requirements if the standard won't do. Regarding the indicators, beware of cheap e bay items from China, go for a quality make, you will also require a relay to suit the LEDs, you will undoubtedly have to put new connectors on when wiring them up, I would advise using quality connectors, try bikerstoolbox.co.uk, they will have all you need. Hang on to the original exhaust as one's in good condition are hard to come by. Also UKracesupport may still have some left over race parts for the D600. Re the tail tidy, Evotech may still have them available, likewise R@G, hope this helps and ride safe.

9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Another "Lazarus" thread, I fear!! The original correspondents haven't been seen on here for more than 2 years, I'm afraid, so I hope you're not waiting with anything like bated breath .................................. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1