Daytona 600 Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mick D, Jun 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mick D

Mick D New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Plymouth
    Evening all.

In need of advice / help. I may have let some water get though from the moat on my Daytona 600, in to the fuel tank. I washed it yesterday and after I flashed it over and ran it for a little to help dry everything out and it worked fine.
    This morning it would crank over but not flash over. I have tried drying out all electrical connections. And just in case I am an absolute muppet I have drained about 2.5 litres out of my tank in case water did get in, good possibility it did as when I checked the moat was over flowing and some must have got into the fuel. After speaking to my local garage, he mentioned sure start or deodorant down the air intake. Which I have done. The bike comes to life for a time then cuts and dies again.

Can any one give any advice or helpful tips
    Thanks
    Mick

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I take it you have had the power washer aimed on it Mick ?
    I would have thought it was difficult to get excessive water into your fuel tank ?
    Breather pipes, air intake may have allowed water in to your carbs under pressure.
    Sounds like a strip down and clean out of your fuel system if you can't get it started and running right.

3. Mick D

Mick D New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Plymouth
    That's what I was I hoping no one would say, bugger!

Thanks anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Yes, I think you already knew! :rolleyes:
    You didn't confirm the pressure washer, but I only ever use sponge, bucket and water.
    WD40 or Muc-off on the greaser bits.

5. Mick D

Mick D New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Plymouth
    Like a muppet I did use the pressure washer on the wheels but it did move from there to the body, I knew while I was doing it was a bad idea! I was just being lazy to get the surface grime off. ( I know, no one needs to say it) now a good weekends work to fix.

Thanks for the help though

6. Mick D

Mick D New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Plymouth
    One last try with sure start into the intakes then if will have to be a full strip! Fingers crossed

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Good luck!

8. Mick D

Mick D New Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Plymouth
    Hi all

Up date on the issue, after some effing and blinding taking the tank off moving the air box to find a bone dry engine. So I checked the fuel pipes and the even tested the fuel pump. All working fine and clean. So what the F**k is the problem ? Why will this bike not flash over? I have the answer no fear.

Turns out the relays don't like getting wet! So I took them all off dried them in the sun WD40 on the contacts. Put the relays back in, and she started and flashed over first time! The B*t*h.
    So note to all other daft persons out there number 1 don't jet wash ya bike, clean it properly. Number 2 if you are daft enough to jet wash it check your relays before you strip your bike down, to find out it's the relays

Thanks to all who offered adivce and assistance.
    Mick

• Like Like x 2