Daytona 600 idling issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by simon2311, Apr 22, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. simon2311

simon2311 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Hi all

I've recently brought an 04 Daytona 600 which was running fine when I first brought it but it seems to be having a problem with idling. I've done a service on it and changed the spark plugs to iridium plugs etc and now once its started it will idle at around 1200rpm and then drop to 400 - 500 rpm maybe lower (almost cutting out completely) then rising back to 1200rpm and it keeps doing this over and over.

Also when I'm pulling away from traffic lights or roundabouts etc it doesn't seem to have enough power so I have to over rev it and keep the clutch in slightly to have a chance of pulling away quick enough.

Any idea as my brains about to fry figgering out what's wrong. Its got an aftermarket can on it and also its been remapped by the previous owner.

Thanks

2. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Mine had similar issues last week (hunting up and down the revs) , downloaded tuneecu and gave it a go and it worked great and the bike seems to go much better now. Not sure if this will cure all of your problems but its free software so it might be worth a go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    A few problems with aftermarket exhausts & Daytona's.. Tune ECU will sort it out..

4. simon2311

simon2311 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    I took out the iridium plugs and put the old ones back in and now it runs fine, I tried using the tune ECU program but it kept crashing on my computer so I gave up on it.

Thanks guys

5. simon2311

simon2311 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    It's still bogging out when I'm pulling away from stationery so not sure if that's got anything to do with the mapping or not

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Most likely fueling.. So yes a mapping issue...

7. simon2311

simon2311 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Ive remapped it using 20034.hex which doesnt seem to have solved the problem, it already had 20035.hex map already on there. which map would you recommend putting on there?

i'm trying to avoid having to take it to a garage to fix if i can help it.

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Simon there are limited maps for your bike so its not an easy call.
    What exhaust are you running as If standard you should not have too many issues and it may be a dirty fuel filter or blocked injectors.
    There are so many things it could be and unfortunately your going to have to try all of them....
    Have you checked your air filter etc etc. standard or K&N?

9. simon2311

simon2311 New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Thanks screwball, I think I've sorted it now!

10. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Jeez, a serious thread. Well done, boys!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    You can't leave it like that... And the answer was?