Day Of Remembrance For Bikers Who Have Passed Away

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Eastbournemark, Apr 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Folks. Just want to take soundings about something me and a mate were discussing. Would a day of remembrance for bikers who have passed away be something to consider? I’m always struck by the level of comradeship that is self evident on this Forum and thought that such a day would be a meaningful thing to do. Of course we think about our lost friends and relatives anyway and perhaps already do something to celebrate and remember them. This idea would be in addition to the personal things we might do. A simple ride out, charity event, raising safety awareness or visit to significant place in the company of fellow bikers would be good way of remembering people. An annual event across the UK (and other countries perhaps) would be tremendous in my opinion. Let me know what you think. If it’s a daft idea or something that’s not needed that’s ok but if many of you want to support it, we can give it more thought and discussion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Nope

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Remembering lost friends is always a difficult one. While I think the idea is nice, aside from Remembrance Day I tend to keep my remembrances private, so it wouldn't be something I would be likely to attend.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Looks like it’s not a good idea after all. No offence intended. Keep riding everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s a nice idea mate but where would it be :confused: we’re spread out all over Britain and indeed the rest of the world :confused:
    Can’t see many people riding massive distances for this one :(
    Perhaps something local for remembering bikers from your area :) but if you didn’t know them personally I don’t think a lot of people would attend :(

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    If a day was put aside for a Remembrance ride, like for the fallen soldiers, then groups could celebrate how they saw fit to honour their friends/riders/racing heroes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I'd attend something held by my local club. Only problem I have with them though, is, they use faecesbook to advertise everything they do, (and not very well at that) and I refuse to use faecesbook. Given my location I don't see many local riders to speak to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1