Datatool/battery And Electrical Issues On T100

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Morgan, Sep 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Morgan

Morgan New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    London
    Recently having big issues with my datatool alarm. Got stranded in France and the bike just wouldn’t start while trying get on the eurotunnel!! and the alarm seemed to have a mind of its own. Turned out it seemed to be the battery connections being shaken loose (whoever put it on didn’t put nuts on the other side :/ doh).

Secured and fixed this and didn’t have any issues after that. Recently since me and a friend have been doing some mods
    - changed bars
    - replaced front fender
    - replaced mirrors
    - removed the rear fender for a motone lucas tail light. The handy wiring harness is just a plug in solution so little to no meddling with electronics needed.

Now none of these modifications should cause any issues as they are all designed for this very bike and are of high quality.

After testing our handy work all the indicatorsand brake light were working beautifully. Then randomly the lights stop working and my datatool alarm keeps going off! Then I have an engine management light. Bizzare.

The bike starts fine, I’ve noticed the frontheadlight and rear brake light are working but have a faint flicker in time the engine. I assume this is some sort of battery issue? I have checked everything we have messed with and I can’t see how it would effect this? Maybe it’s the LED light or maybe the datatool or battery are giving up?

It’s 2011 Bonneville so I don’t think it’s part of the datatool S4 recall. Anyway I’m very stumped.

I also have a booster plug installed but this shouldn’t effect any of this and I have done hundreds and hundreds of miles with no issues there.