Daily runners?....

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by DeanSTR, Jan 10, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DeanSTR

DeanSTR Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Manchester
    May well be a repost but who uses their bike as a daily?

I do....

2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    I use mine daily in the summer :smile:

3. DeanSTR

DeanSTR Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Manchester
    Im starting to wish i did...i hate seeing mine dirty due to the crappy weather

4. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Got my company van for work & general use (free diesel :smile:) my America for sunny days & the wifes 4x4 for snow time fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I used to but not now... only summer fun now on Speed but Winter fun on DRZ. .

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeanSTR

DeanSTR Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Manchester
    I could do with a winter bike...even a scooter or a 125 lol...just to save my baby. Haha

7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #7 Screwball, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    When I was using the bike for work (ride to London everyday) it was getting killed and i was sticking loads of mileage on them.. I was doing 20 - 25K miles a year so they were getting used a fair bit...
    In the end I bought a second bike.. had a GS500 and when that died I got £500 for it and bought a CB500S. nothing flash but bloody good work bikes... didn't care about them.. rode them, serviced them and crashed them but they did save my main bikes...

• Like Like x 1
  8. chefon2wheels

chefon2wheels Member

Dec 14, 2013
    San Fulgencio, Spain
    Living in sunny Spain I'm lucky enough to ride every day :cool: can't remember the last time I drove a car!

• Like Like x 2
  9. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Used to but got sick of wrecking bikes in the winter with the salt on the roads.

10. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Fuck the fuck off, you fucker!

• Like Like x 5
  11. MonkeyRyder

MonkeyRyder Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Salford, Manchester
    I'm using mine daily and still don't care about the weather - still in that 'I've just passed my test and bought a sports bike' Phase, got a feeling it's gonna last a while as well

• Like Like x 3
  12. Paulie

Paulie Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm used to ride (mostly short distances) through the Belgian winters. Only during extreme winter period(s) with snow & ice + salt on the road, I leave the motorcycle aside.

• Like Like x 2
  13. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I don't ride everyday as I don't need to these days but I ride right through the winter and am currently doing two 150 mile round trips a week to see my Dad in hospital in Essex. The America handles it really well but the finish is appalling and corrosion is only kept at bay by ACF50 (a pity I left it late and the wheels started to go before I put ACF50 on them)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Not even started the Speed Triple in the last 10 weeks, covered in the garage waiting for the summer. Currently getting my winter fun on a 10 year old WR 250 F,added a 1000 kilometers since I bought it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Using mine more or less daily. Clean it once a week, coated in ACF50 and it seems to get filthy within 10 minutes of riding it!

Haven't had a car for a long time, but now thinking about getting a camper van. Mazda Bongo Friendee or Mitsubishi L300 perhaps. That way I can work away and save on B&B costs as well as having an awesome little van to give me the sort of freedom that can be a little too much hassle on a bike some times. Can live like a bit of a pikey then, without looking like a complete pikey even though maybe I am a little. Who doesn't want to be free to park up in any city, town or national park without a care in the world?

.....sorry daily runners? yes....

• Like Like x 1