Cylinder Head

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cliff a, Feb 22, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cliff a

Cliff a New Member

Feb 7, 2021
    Hampshire
    Any advice to put the cylinder head onto a 1967 t120r withe engine in situ , I seem to run out off room , thanks guys

2. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    just the head? that should not be a problem, surely. where is the interference?

or are you having difficulties with the rocker boxes? the head bolts on the right side interfere with the upper frame tube. if you remove the motor mount bolts the thing can be tipped to the right to get clearance.

3. Cliff a

Cliff a New Member

Feb 7, 2021
    Hampshire

4. Cliff a

Cliff a New Member

Feb 7, 2021
    Hampshire
    Can get the head on with the push rod tubes ,but then having trouble getting the push rods down the tubes ,they hit the frame above

5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Never had issues with pushrods being fitted other than some tubes have a disc in them with holes for the pushrods and these can be opened up to help out.

6. Cliff a

Cliff a New Member

Feb 7, 2021
    Hampshire
    Thanks mate mine has two holes in the tubes ,I can get one in but not the other ,I will open up one of the holes ,thanks for the advice

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Most people throw away the early type tube and replace with later ones without the disc, nice your engine still has them :)

8. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    you can get the clearance you need without modifying any parts just by tipping the motor left or right in the frame.

interesting about the disc. i've never seen one over here in the states. can you post a picture of it?