Cyclists

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Red Thunder, Sep 16, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    BBC - Police target drivers overtaking too close to cysts
    It seems the police are initiating a project of targeting motorists who overtake cyclists within the 1.5m deemed safe to pass them, the police will be on bikes

My question, will cyclists get prosecuted for cutting up on the inside of traffic within the 1.5m safe space

Also, do they have puppies or kittens in their safe space...or both?

• Like Like x 2
  2. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
  3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    They should never be on the road in the first place, and it's the same with pedestrians.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #4 crispey, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Yup took me an age to get past this one the other day

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I just loved this..............young lady? Working girl more like and then the blue bike - life does not need to get any better :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Is that cos you were twisting the wrong throttle??

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

She must class as a moving traffic hazard.:D

Unlike this lass who could ingest the whole damned bike
    BIGASS.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wow some arse!!

9. Sceptic Al

Here's a snap of her 'sister'
    Damn%20Picture%208.jpg

10. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    What would you do with that !! Anymore than a handful is a waste :D or so they say o_O

11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Wouldn't like to see her brother!!!:eek::oops::(:confused:

13. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Lol what a load of shit, first of all there are no police on our roads, secondly maybe they should concentrate there efforts on getting drivers off there mobile phones.

• Like Like x 2
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh! Young lady, yes, hadn't noticed!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

It seems to me when you come up behind a cyclist you can sit at 4 or 5 mph ( they would tell you its 30 to 40 mph) or get forced to cross into the path of on coming traffic. They are like a rolling road block, if you dont overtake they wave you on, @no thanks Ill decide when to move into the path of on coming lorries-

If I invented the pushbike today and went to Parliament to get permission to ride it on the road they would laugh there asses off. green fashion its more insidious than political correctness

• Like Like x 3
  16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth

Lol, i always glance over my shoulder when overtaking just as a safety thing but you never see a cyclist do it, no out they go trusting in god so yes you are right, talk about stupid :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    What infuriates me about cyclists is their carefree attitude towards other motorists when they ride along side by side. Sunday morning is a very popular past time for them to do this. When they are coming in the opposite direction & inpatient car drivers take up most of your side of the road to overtake them making you do the hard braking & swerving out of the car drivers way, I do tend to lose respect for their cause.....Like all 2 wheel occupiers of our great roads, they like us are very vulnerable when involved in an accident....So why be so bloody stupid??????

18. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    I know all road users are different but the selfish I'm OK sort are the ones that really anger me. With cyclists though I don't understand their death wish sometimes. I know it's only some but they seem to have the attitude that they have every right to ride two or even three abreast and it's up to other road users not to knock them off. Obviously I try not set out to injure people but if I come round a bend on a country road and have to choose between hitting a vehicle head on or ploughing through a group of cyclists I know we're I'm going. When out on the roads you have to drive or ride defensively to protect yourself. Why do others that are more vulnerable not understand this?
    Rant over.
    Andy

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
  20. Sceptic Al

I feel a right old rant coming on so 'ang to yer bits'

:mad::mad::mad:CYCLISTS!!!! SCUM OF THE EARTH!!!! I FEKKIN' HATE 'EM ALL:mad::mad::mad:
    (and I used to do cycle touring and cycle road racing as a youngster)​

Back in the dim and distant past that part bit of the driving test that involved answering questions from the Highway Code was a major source of panic, even when I did my Cycle Proficiency Test at primary school I got in a flat spin about the questions bit.:(
    My ex-Plod mate told me years ago that only some bits of the Highway Code are actually 'law' and so are supported by the numerous bits of legislation such as the Road Traffic Act, Vehicle Lighting Regs, etc. The Highway Code it's self is not 'law' the clue is in the name of this venerable publication 'Code'.
    According to the 'Code', every road user, (motorist, cyclist, pedestrian, horse rider,etc) 'should abide by the contents of the 'Code' applicable to them at the time', (this also includes pedestrians walking on a designated pavement or footpath). For example my daughter is both a pedestrian, (when walking her dogs shopping, etc), a motorist and a horse rider. When she's driving (her driving is shite by the way) she doesn't need to bother her arse about hand signals for horse riders or whip signals for cart drivers come to that. Similarly when on horse back she doesn't give a shit about parking on double yellow lines etc.
    :mad: Cyclist however DON'T GIVE A FLYING FEK ABOUT ANY OTHER BUGGER AT ANY TIME.
    Maybe our over paid fat arsed Plods and Plodettes should ACTUALLY START TO DO THEIR JOBS in regard to ALL road users instead of dropping their pants and bending over just because some cyclists DELIBRATELY RISK THEIR LIVES BY RIDING DANGEROUSLY, such as under-taking, jumping traffic lights, not using lights, not signalling before pulling in to traffic, not using cycle paths, the list goes on and on and on.

End of rant so can uncover your ears now.:D

• Like Like x 2