Custom Indicators T-100 2016

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bacon, Feb 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bacon

Bacon New Member

Feb 4, 2018
    London
    Good evening all,
    I’m new to the site, and would like to see if anyone can help.

I purchased some after market indicators to replace the originals. These indicators earth to the frame, due to this and there being two connection wires on the bike an earth was made and run to the original connections.

The indicator was tested and works fine and attached to the bike. Switched ignition on and indicator working.

Followed the same as above, tested it wired it up, switched the ignition on, now both indicators do not work. Unplugged one side, turned the ignition on and the new indicator works.!!!!!!! And what made it even odder was I kept one of the custom indicators on and plunged my Triumph original in on the other side. Switched the ignition on and they both worked.

I looked at the bulb in the original indicators and it runs on a 10w bulb. The aftermarket indicators run on a nine ml halogen bulb at 21w.

So thought, that all the connections are good, all earthed no problem and ordered 10w builds instead of using the 21w supplied to see if this works.

Apart from that, I have no idea what to look at next and was wondering is anyone has come across this problem before when replacing the original indicators to after market ones.