Cruisers: Love 'em / Hate 'em - Revzilla

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Judd Dredd, Jan 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Love them!

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Hate them!

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Meh

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. I appericate them but not my cup of tea

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    So the RevZilla boys uploaded a discussion about cruisers and why bikers love/hate them.

Having watched it, I am interested to see what your thoughts are....

• Like Like x 2
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Seen this a few times now. Is he talented or just very lucky? Can't help feeling that this might be the only video of him riding like this! :eek:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I love them. Been on sports, adventure and touring bikes over the years. Now days I like riding cruisers fo a number of reasons. They are really cool looking, I can get my feet planted which provides great confidence when riding and finally riding them at national speed limits+ on the twisty is great fun. .....
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Personally I hate them, heavy, slow, underpowered and they don’t go round corners. Owners seem to like lots of tassels and call their wife their ‘ol lady. Not for me I’m afraid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Tassels, I really don't get the tassels (or the hideous leather luggage with studs). No one needs to wear fancy dress to ride a motorcycle. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

A Triumph Rocket is classed as a cruiser, not exactly underpowered with a 2300cc engine

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    And also why the need to not wear any sleeves, can’t work that one out.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    What’s an “engine mate” is it an additional cylinder to help get it up the hills?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I got the the grammar wrong, but I loved my Grammers corned beef pies/

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Cruisers,,, never had one and can’t ever see me owning one.

They do nothing for me, not my cup of tea :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Not to sure on the vid. But I used to ride with a chap called Gary. He had a 1200 sportster and was for ever having to change his end cans and foot pegs. He rode that thing like a race bike and in my opinion was twice as good as that vid. But like I said to him time and time again that was not what the bike was designed for it was and is a cruiser.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  13. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I've seen that vid elsewhere and someone said that the rider was a pro bike racer. Could well be true. He's obviously daft/talented enough!:eek::scream:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Nor sure of the point...they are all bikes just different styles they all have there merits...horses for courses some like to fly down the road with their ass in the air and their head at an odd angle these i find tend to be younger people with no arthritis etc, so called cruisers tend to be ridden by us older gits who want to keep living a little longer and in more comfort.;):p

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry Hamburg, but this generalisation is just not true. Yes there are some cruiser riders who fit this profile, but not all.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Ron understand what your saying, particularly in the states, but as I said it is not a fair generalisation.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    I would not call my wife 'Ol lady as I like my Ball's where they are and not hanging on my bike :joy::joy:
    Tucker _20190109_065913.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    My first bike when I came back to bikes was a cruiser style (but I'm NEVER admitting to what it was - I liked the style then, but I'm strangely embarrassed now). I also went to a couple of Harley open days and took one for a test ride, and quite enjoyed them.

But they don't appeal now. I would still enjoy riding one, but wouldn't want to own one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Is it the style of bike people don't like (hates a bit strong) or is it actually the stereo-typically exaggerated way a particular group of riders choose to dress? (usually Harley riders, lets be honest).
    You know the ones, wannabe Hell's Angels with all the trimmings - think they look cool but actually come very close to looking like an outtake from a 1970's Village People video.

My local MC Club is called "Test Valley Savages" (Behave - you come from Andover FFS!) :cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Used to love Sportsbikes, as arthritis and associated aches and pains set in I progressed to naked more upright stuff, it is conceivable that another 10 years may see me riding a cruiser.
    Unlikely though as whenever I have ridden one over the years my reaction has been if it was that or nothing ... it would be nothing! ... but to be fair that has been after riding Harleys of various descriptions.
    Followed a guy on a Rocket 3 when I was on my Tuono a few years back, he was a bit like the guy in DD's video earlier in this thread, I could stay with him but wouldn't have tried to overtake him as it would have been dangerous!

• Like Like x 5