Cruise Control T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Jan 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Well I know it's been descussed on here in the past, but do owners who have it think it's a good idea, do you have to get sync it to the ecu via Triumph stealer, and can you use it at 30 mph?

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Got one on NUDGER (Speedmaster):)
    After playing with it to start with I now never use it :confused:
    All a bit of a unnecessary novelty in my opinion :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    There might be some use for it in the USA and here in Australia, we have a 94 mile straight stretch on the Great Eastern Highway ! I've done the Nullarbor trip crossing Australia a dozen times , cruise control would be of benefit to anyone doing the 2,000 miles it takes Perth to Adelaide/Melbourne !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bonne Phil

Bonne Phil Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Romford, East London
    In the UK we don't often get the chance to use cruise control as traffic gets in the way. However, I have it on my Trophy and love it when I'm riding distances on the continent. Took me a while to get use to it but now I use it all the time when travelling on autoroutes in France or Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I just use one of these !!
    Crampbuster. $9 US

upload_2019-1-21_15-37-57.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Interesting that, never had one on a bike only a 4 wheeled vehicle.
    It is a lot of money

7. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I control my cruising by restricting it to daylight and dry weather.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AJ7840

AJ7840 Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Rockford, MI USA
    Here in the US the cruise control can almost be a necessity - if you need to get somewhere quickly the expressway/interstate (autoroutes) is the way to go.
    However the local police love to give excessive velocity tickets with 120 KPH (70 MPH) speed limits and a BMW that cruises nicely at 200 KPH (120MPH)and it just seems to end up there. So the cruise is cheap insurance that the right wrist behaves. Where else can you have the GPS say next turn 800 KM (500 miles). My new T120 is for the sight seeing trips - not the rush to get there

• Like Like x 4
  9. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Here in Australia ! We have a stretch of road that's dead straight for about 140+ klms or 94+ miles , check it out , Nullarbor crossing on the Great Eastern Highway between Perth WA and Adelaide SA. !

• Like Like x 2
  10. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Dead straight eh?
    Sounds like a total exclusion zone for politicians.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yup , the pollies fly , they don't drive beyond Kalgoorlie in WA or past Ceduna in SA , there aren't enough constituents living between those two places ....

12. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi

I have the new Speedmaster and there are a number of roads by us with Average speed cameras so I use it then and its great.Its the first bike I have had with it and I use when I can.:cool:

I had the plastic part you add on the handle for my Street triple but it gets in the way so in the bin:confused:

Mark

13. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Useful for average speed zones

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I use CC all the time in the car unless the traffic is heavy or changeable. It's a myth that it's a waste of time in the UK. It means I can set my speed and focus on the road around me and steering inputs, instead of looking down to check the speedo every now and then. Not for everyone but it works for me.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    I would be more inclined to use it where the road has cameras than high speed.
    I've got in my van, I find it more useful in the 30 to 50 mph than the motorway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    The T120 cruise control only works at 30mph and above. I live in an area where mobile camera vans appear to breed and sometimes think having it just for the 30's and being able to have one thing less to distract me would be great.

17. AJ7840

AJ7840 Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Rockford, MI USA
    Does the cruise read a speed input from the speedometer sensor or from engine RPM. If its from RPM I would think you could use 4th or 5th gear for that 30 MPH area

18. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Does anyone know if triumph dealer has to make the cruise sync with the ecu or is it fit and go?

19. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Cruise control is speed based rather than RPM based.

20. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    'Does anyone know if triumph dealer has to make the cruise sync with the ecu or is it fit and go?'

The ECU needs an update for the cruise control to be recognised, otherwise all you end up with is an additional non functioning button.
    It's possible to purchase the switchgear, mount it and and connect everything up to reduce labour charges should you wish, then take it in for an update.