Credit To You All From Admin

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Jan 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Flicking through the threads and looking on the Newbie posts it brought a smile to my face.
    The reason it did was that you lot take the time to welcome new members and make them feel so welcome, That means so much.I remember when I joined , the welcome I received was so nice I knew this forum was speical. It wasn't clicky and you could just join in.It didn't make you feel like you couldn't open up with your thoughts and opinions. It shows just how much you all care for this forum, The reason I took up my post as admin was to put something back into it.
    You all give back to this forum by doing exactly what you do now.
    So I should just like to say Thank you to you all for doing what you do and making this forum what it is.

• Like Like x 24
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I must admit I don't often look at the newbie section, but this forum is still pretty welcoming just by the way most people respond and just make you feel excepted and welcome ....maybe it's because there are a lot of long in the tooth and mellowed old gits around here.......well mostly.:p:D

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

It’s nice to see these days that the inevitable differences of opinion about inflammatory subjects such as “the best type of oil to use”, “best tyre for a 2015 Bonnie” and “Who has the best man-cave/shed” are now mostly dealt with mutual (dis)respect and humour.

I took a break from the forum because there were a few posts that would have even had Alf Garnet saying “steady on”...

All good now.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 6
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I think we're all grateful to Havit for taking on and doing such a great job of Admin, and being available as much as we all are.on here,
    It takes more to make a good forum and keep it special than just staff it's about everyone working together in many ways regardless if that's agreeing or disagreeing with one another, it's about joining in and adding to the forums wealth of subjects and discussion, and while doing that adding a touch of feeling or even fun, but most of all having respect for others opinions and always trying to remain respectful and friendly to one another.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Right back at yer Wayne, good of you to notice and give it a mention.
    I logged out for a while when WhatsAppgate was in full swing but I’m glad to see it’s settled down a bit now.
    I’m permanently logged into new posts as a quick way of catching up.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Steady on there Wayne you'll ave'us'all in tears. You're spot on though, we've gone through a very unpleasant patch but now the forum seems even better than it was.:cool::D

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
  7. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Thats what I liked about this place when I first joined! No divisions. We all share a love of biking and no matter what peoples opinion, its respected. Great bunch of people! Onwards and upwards :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Wayne great post and could not agree more with all the positive comments from the all inclusive members...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    It’s the only forum I use . It’s relaxed and fun and a great bunch of people . Keep up the great work all.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Havit
    You can make mine a Bushmills and coke. But you forget you are a big part of this family aswel. And all credit since you took the reigns it has got back to its normal self again. But thanks for the kind words.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Agree with you on that front. But everyone is entitled to get what they want and if Joe Bloggs thinks he is the better for his ways so be it i am all in agreement.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Your too kind Joe, let's call it a joint effort :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Havit
    Never been kind in my life. Just Honest blame my Mum for that. Weren't allowed to tell lie's or you would not get into heaven. And you did hold the family together and you made it as great as it was in the beginning and I for one am very happy for that as I was just about to throw in the towel.
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  14. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #14 Octoberon, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    You’re right about the welcome people receive when they arrive, Wayne. I didn’t expect a response at all when I first posted so it was really nice to have so many people reply. I try to return the favour as much as possible for the ones who’ve come after me because of that. Passing it forwards, as it were.

And of course, I add my thanks to all those others for your efforts in keeping everything running smoothly around here.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Aw shucks Wayne your so kind and truthful telling us how good we are:joy:

Yes well done everybody for keeping the ship steady and on a positive course:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    A happy forum produces quality info, pretty pics on interesting subjects and grows from strength to strength

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Well done Wayne. More members, nice discussions, less name calling. An enjoyable place.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    We are a friendly lot. Even if a little bit mad.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And a huge thank you goes out to you, Wayne, for agreeing to be our Admin. Your hard work, especially through a challenging time for The Triumph Forum, is very much appreciated. You have definitely put something back into our forum and our online community.

This online family is very special and brings a smile to my face every day. Each member who has responded in to Wayne's thread has made excellent comments and all of these comments express well why I care about this forum and my forum friends. I think that @TEZ 217 summed it up very eloquently:

"...it's about everyone working together in many ways regardless if that's agreeing or disagreeing with one another, it's about joining in and adding to the forums wealth of subjects and discussion, and while doing that adding a touch of feeling or even fun, but most of all having respect for others opinions and always trying to remain respectful and friendly to one another."

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    I agree with you, Sandi, Wayne has done an excellent job. I deserted the forum for a while last year because it was becoming toxic and abusive and just not fun any more. Some disagreements can still be a bit disrespectful at times, but things are ten times better now, and I enjoy being part of the group again.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1