Crazy Insurance Quotes Time

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tosgha, Apr 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Just got my renewal quote through which of course is a little higher than last year despite myself and probably everyone else having ridden almost zero miles in the last six months. Shopped around on line and lots of super cheap quotes untill you declare that you have upgraded suspension and then they triple the quote. Hers's the thing; the standard rear shocks come to over £ 800 compared to the £595 of the KTEC and then the standard front cartdridge parts would be over £770 as opposed to the £595 for the KTEC ones so I am doing them a favour by fitting cheaper to replace items but they want to charge more!

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Nonsense isn't it? Have said on here before I was refused insurance a few years ago because I had fitted Brembo cast iron discs onto my GSX-R 750 due to cost. Apparently because the brakes would be better, I would be riding faster into corners! WTF?

• Like Like x 1
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Ha, heres one I got a while ago :scream::scream:
    20190603_193613.jpg
    Needless to say I didn't take them up on their offer o_O

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Whyever not? Lol. Jesus Christ.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep many conversations on the forum regarding insurance renewals. They are a bunch of twats