Cracked Tft

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by K.Polkey, Sep 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. K.Polkey

K.Polkey New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    York
    So while riding the other day my tft display developed a crack. I was 40miles from home and the more I rode the bigger the crack got. I have a Street Triple RS 2017. So warranty is over. Plus its a 2nd hand bike.
    Anyone been able to open one of these displays up? Thinking I can just replace the front instead of forking out £1000 on a full new TFT.
    Cheers in advance

IMG-20200915-WA0003.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
  2. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Ouch, any idea what caused it

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. K.Polkey

K.Polkey New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    York
    I took the unit off to have a good look, the seam where the two pieces meet has a small crack in it, either someone's tried to jimmy the two pieces apart before, and cracked the housing. Or maybe just an unlucky manufacturing defect

4. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    Exactly the same happened to my street. Came home from a ride went to put the bike away about an hour later and it had a large crack. Fortunately it was still under warranty and had a new one fitted with no hassles.

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Trying to actually find the correct plastic cover replacement will be a fuc&ing nightmare me thinks even when you open it.
    However, £300 on fleabay gets you one s/h (for the whole thing)
    But, i think it'll be a trip to a trumpet dealer to put on the correct bike/mileage/qs option etc...
    Good luck and i feel your pain :(:(

• Like Like x 1