Stuff

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Judd Dredd, Nov 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Theories abound but test the logic of the proposition that you cannot achieve herd immunity without a vaccine. Self evidently the idea of herd immunity is accepted science (unless you are Matt Hancock). It is either achieved naturally or by vaccine or by a combination of the two.
    Local variation over time is itself natural and to be expected.

However a vaccine that arrives late to the party adds little immediate benefit if natural equilibrium has been reached for now. Furthermore, a vaccine with truncated testing is an inherently riskier proposition. All medical treatments are cost/benefit decisions. The do no harm principle accepts some trade offs......however, the trumpeted accidental discovery of the benefit of a 50% dose should actually trigger alarm bells about the conduct of drug development. Slapdash?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Such short memories .......
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-pandemic-swine-flu-covid-a9693721.html

4. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Debunked? Seriously? See no similarities? From the British Medical Journal...

https://www.bmj.com/content/362/bmj.k3948.
    Feature
    Pandemrix vaccine: why was the public not told of early warning signs?
    In October 2009, the US National Institutes of Health infectious diseases chief, Anthony Fauci, appeared on YouTube to reassure Americans about the safety of the “swine flu” vaccine. “The track record for serious adverse events is very good. It’s very, very, very rare that you ever see anything that’s associated with the vaccine that’s a serious event,”1 he said.

Four months earlier, the World Health Organization had declared H1N1 influenza a pandemic, and by October 2009 the new vaccines were being rolled out across the world. A similar story was playing out in the UK, with prominent organisations, including the Department of Health, British Medical Association, and Royal Colleges of General Practitioners, working hard to convince a reluctant NHS workforce to get vaccinated.2 “We fully support the swine flu vaccination programme … The vaccine has been thoroughly tested,” they declared in a joint statement.3

Except, it hadn’t. Anticipating a severe influenza pandemic, governments around the world had made various logistical and legal arrangements to shorten the time between recognition of a pandemic virus and the production of a vaccine and administration of that vaccine in the population. In Europe, one element of those plans was an agreement to grant licences to pandemic vaccines based on data from pre-pandemic “mock-up” vaccines produced using a different virus (H5N1 influenza). Another element, adopted by countries such as Canada, the US, UK, France, and Germany, was to provide vaccine manufacturers indemnity from liability for wrongdoing, thereby reducing the risk of a lawsuit stemming from vaccine related injury.

......The Marketing Authorisation from the European Medicines Agency expired in August 2015 when GSK Biologicals did not apply for renewal of it citing lack of demand for the vaccine. Funny that.

You can’t have it both ways. There WERE early issues kept quiet.

6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Don't you have a real drum ?

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Two. One in each lug! Get well used. Not deaf like some who don’t want to be disturbed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Drummer.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    For the shouty brigade: I am not anti vaccine, but I do believe that more thorough investigation needs to be undertaken into the long term effects on the human body and immune system.

Long term effects of vaccines are not tested, and judging by the video below the establishment doesn't care much either...

10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I never said there weren’t issues. The point being that the risks were minimal and far outweighed by the benefit of having the vaccine.

The danger in your posts is someone might actually listen and not take the vaccine, catch corvid, die, or become seriously ill and/or pass it on to someone else. Your posts never discuss the opposite points of view out there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Meanwhile the scam piggybacked on Covid unravels further.....

https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/status/1331488121901477889?s=21

ITALY: Consumers association says false positives to Covid19 test as diagnosis are 95%. Legal cases started against testing under charges of fraud to procure public funding, false alarm, ideological false, and manslaughter.

• Like Like x 2
  12. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    You say "Long term effects of vaccines are not tested", but i've been having flu vaccines for at least 15 years without any problems, that's long enough for me. Yes I know new vaccine production techniques are now in use but for me at my age with type 2 diabetes, the low risk from a new vaccine produced by a new technique is better than catching covid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Swine flu fizzled out without mass vaccination. Less than 10% of the population got the jab.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I am NOT anti vax FFS! I am anti rush job with the public purse paying the poor sods who are casualties of limited testing. Regular flu vax is well tested and safe just not particularly effective.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    In my opinion, Callumity is presenting the opposing view to what has become the consensus view, and adds some balance to a discussion that is becoming heavily one sided. And if the likes of Labour and the SNP get their way, it will become illegal to challenge the consensus view, which will be extremely dangerous and an end to any illusion of our freedom.

Although thinking for ones self is a practice that is becoming ever more rare these days, it is extremely patronising to assume that people are not intelligent enough to do their own research and make their own decisions. It seems that todays society is deliberately being dumbed down, so as not to challenge anything, and blindly conform to and accept everything they are being told :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    you may not be anti vaccine but Dr Palevsyk is well known as one. https://www.insider.com/anti-vaccine-doctors-medical-license-free-speech-2019-5

• Like Like x 1
  17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ta. If the Covid vaccine went through regular testing I would probably join the queue.
    I happen to know there is not much morality in big business and pharmaceuticals. Just look at all the excited press announcements to promote the vaccines. It has FAR more to do with manipulating share prices than disease prevention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    I wasn’t responding to your post.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #40 MadMrB, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    And you make the decision yourself to have the vacine, and good on you. I'm not suggesting that anyone does not have the flu vaccine, but what is wrong with taking into consideration peoples genuine concerns, and doing more research which would either prove a vaccines continued safety, or mean that a vaccine can be improved to prevent any future long term health problems?

The doctor in that video seems to have a genuine concern for the children that he treats in his work as a paediatrician, and does seem to be providing information that should be investigated, but he gets dismissed as an anti-vaxxer or conspiracy theorist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2