Couple Of Maintenance Questions For Street Triple

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Joseph Limnios, Mar 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Joseph Limnios

Joseph Limnios New Member

Feb 27, 2021
    Quebec
    First, I just bought my 2014 Street Triole last week and I’m preparing for our riding season here in Montreal ( should be another 2-3 months ‍♂️)
    I was getting ready to order the stuff do an oil change, I checked with the previous owner, he did about 2000km after the last oil change ( full synthetic). I checked the oil level and it’s full and the oil is still a bright gold colour like it’s new. Should I hold off on the oil change ?
    Secondly, I will be doing a coolant flush because it has Water Wetter in there now. Any specific tips or advice when doing a flush on a Triumph. I’ve done it 15 years ago on a Kawa.

thanks

2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hi. I always do a service when I buy a bike regardless of what the previous owner says.

Oil change...fully synthetic
    Oil filter....triumph oem
    Sump plug and new washer
    Spark plugs....NGK as per triumph recommendations
    Air filter....triumph oem

Coolant flush....triumph oem

The flushing takes patience. Once you have flushed it 2 to 3 times, then new Coolant goes in. This is the point where the fun begins o_O....

Take your time squeezing all the hoses. Lean the bike both ways. All to ensure getting the air out of the system. Best to get a manual.

All the best
    H