Coronavirus (covid-19): M O Ts For Cars, Vans And Motorcycles Due From 30 March 2020

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Trippy Tripple, Mar 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Trippy Tripple

Trippy Tripple Senior Member

Nov 23, 2019
    London
    Hey Guys,

Not sure if everyone aware, but new rules in the UK for vehicles with MOT due on or after 30 March 2020.

From 30 March 2020, MOT due dates for cars, motorcycles and light vans will be extended by 6 months. This is being done to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

You do not need to do anything to extend your vehicle’s MOT expiry date if it’s on or after 30 March 2020. However, you must keep your vehicle safe to drive.

Your vehicle will be automatically given a 6-month MOT exemption. This will extend your current MOT expiry date by 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...s-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

Screenshot_20200325-220055_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Not Well Known Member
    Subscriber

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Should have been earlier like now since one of my bikes have run out and shutdown hindered an mot

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Since i had to go to the supermarket and two shops to get provisions for the next two or three weeks i thought i might as well go to the local PO and get the Tridents classic tax (no charge) and the non MOT registered for another year wore rubber gloves but no mask...just got to keep my fingers crossed now but what can you do you have to eat.

• Like Like x 3