Coolant Hoses

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Smudge, Feb 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smudge

Smudge New Member

Nov 11, 2015
    manchester
    Hi all,

So, managed to get the old girl running today.. Changed fuel filter, checked plugs and spark. All was good put her back together and she was now at least trying to fire.
    Left her overnight and she fired this morning and ran (albeit a bit lumpy at first)

Anyway, went and congratulated myself with a nice cuppa only to find on my return she'd peed all over the floor.. selfish!!

Anyway had a look and she's leaving from rad end of bottom hose. Tightened hose and still leaking.

Seeing as all the hoses are 17 years old I thought I may as well do the lot for a set of silicone ones.

AS3 do them and seem reasonably priced, however there seem to be a couple of different types for my bike. Any ideas? 4 or 5 hose. Looks like mine is a 5 however that seems to be for an earlier bike. Mine is a 2004 Speed Triple 955i.

If it helps the chassis number is in the image below.

Incidentally my tank is a total b@#$h to get the bolts to line up, they are probably a good 1/4" out and it takes an opposite way clamp to push the tank even anywhere near the holes. Are they all like that is it just mine.. it did have a factory luggage rack on it which looked like the rear subframe had been fidulated with so maybe that.

Anyway thanks all.

20210221_162235.jpg

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Give them a call?
    They can probably help you direct if you have the hose in your hand and a tape measure ready!?