Conquest Carbon = Triumph Carbon?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DANSOME, Aug 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Hey guys!

Quick question for those of you that have a Speed R and some Conquest Carbon bits:
    Does ConquestCarbon's Gloss finish match Triumph's Factory Carbon parts (like the front fender, for example) in patern and "glossness"?

I'm wondering 'cos if they don't match I may just go for their Satin finish.

2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It's pretty close in my opinion - enough to satisfy my very fussy nature :)

Here's my hugger and chain guard from Conquest Carbon:

CC_Hugger.jpg

...and my tail light surround from CarbonFBR:

CarbonFBR_Tail.jpg

Personally I wouldn't choose the satin finish, unless you were changing the factory carbon too. If you were prepared to do that, I'd go for glossy (or satin) in the twill finish (as used for the Arrows exhaust tips) as it's far more striking.

You can't beat a bit of carbon :yum

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Awesome, mate!
    I was hoping they would match so I wouldn't have to change it all. Glad it does!
    Thanks for the help

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    You're very welcome - so stick with the PLAIN weave in GLOSS and you won't go wrong.

I've only done the three pieces shown in my pics as I don't want to overdo the effect. I'm thinking about doing the exhaust heat shield, so that there's a line of carbon running through from front to back (if you get what I mean).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    To fit the rear hugger does the rear wheel have to come out, at this time I am assuming it does

6. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Yes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    As darkman says...yes.

There are three visible/accessible bolts and a fourth tucked just above the chain guard. I changed the chain guard at the same time, so had the wheel off anyway.

Of course the single sided swing arm makes that an easy job - you need a 46mm socket and the nut is re-tightened to 146Nm.

Top tip - when removing the wheel, make a note which way the washers are fitted; the flatter washer is put back first, then the spring washer (or whatever it's called) sits with the concave side against the nut.

8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I would disagree about "spring washer" (otherwise known as disc spring or Belleville washer), convex side against the nut IMO. Or put another way contact point next to hole against the nut and outer edge contact point next to wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    In that case, it was fitted incorrectly in the first place - I just maintained how it had been installed :confused:

I bought the bike as new...first owner :eek:

10. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
  11. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Best order the chainguard as well then

12. 1050s Pete

1050s Pete New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Herts
    Hi,
    I've had my chain guard and rear hugger off of my 1050s to spray Phantom Black and never removed the rear wheel, it's a bit fiddly but can be done.

13. Batfink2907

Batfink2907 New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    West sussex
    1050s Pete is spot on, no need to remove rear wheel, support the wheel, on a stand or as I did with a scissor jack, let all the air out of the tyre, with a hex socket on a long extension on a driver and squashing the deflated tyre, the bolt can be got to! I would recommend conquest carbon also having just fitted hugger and rear light surround as Mr Triple, get a discount code!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    I received my carbon bits last week.
    I had some trouble getting the camera to focus but you can still see in the attached picture that Conquest Carbon's gloss finish perfectly matches my stock carbon front fender. Awesome stuff!

Once again thanks, MrTripple!

CARBONVS.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It was a pleasure to inspire you to spend your cash :yum

More pics when it's fitted please!

• Like Like x 1