connecting up wiring harness on thruxton/bonnie

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by crispey, Apr 17, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Just thought I would post this up as I could only find info after much trawling of usa sites and they didn't seem to tally. So if anyone should need it it will hopefully save a bit of time.

The Harness is a Newbonnieville one bought through Squaredeals I was adding Shin Lo Arizona indicators and Lucas 525 style tail/stop lamp

The plug'n'play harness coding is as follows:
    Main Block
    brown : rear right indicator
    orange : rear left indicator
    dbl black : indicator earth
    dbl red : for use if using indicators as running lights, USA thing I think.

Tail Light Loom
    blue :brake light
    red :running light
    Black ring : earth*

*earth has to be connected to the tail light, I attached a wire between tail light and tail tidy and then earth to that wire to keep the loom under the seat.

So connections are:
    left indicator wire in (my case Black/White) to Brown then Black (earth) to dbl black
    Right indicator wire (my case Black/White) to Orange then Black (earth) to dbl black

Tail light
    In my case black was the stop light and red was the running light
    so black to blue and red to red.

If you are using the front indicator plug'n'play harness

Mine worked like this
    Front right: indicator Black/White through harness to black/white and indicator black through harness to Green/white.
    Front Left : indicator Black/White through harness to black and indicator black through harness to Green/Brown

• Like Like x 3