Connecter Help Needed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andyb57, Jun 26, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    My '08 Scrambler is one of the last of the 865 carb models and has the slightly larger EFI tank. I suspect it also has a later loom as there are 3 unused plugs which earlier Scramblers don't seem to have. I've had a look at the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual but struggling to spot them.....

So can anybody tell me if any of the plugs in the pics below (2 under the tank, 1 by the airbox)could be used to power accessories such as heated grips, and if so what type of male plug do I need to use?

TIA

upload_2022-6-26_9-33-35.jpeg

upload_2022-6-26_9-34-14.jpeg

2. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    Partially answered my own question by looking at a different diagram! The oblong connector with purple/black feed is 'the' accessory connection, would snip off the bulky block and connect direct to the wires.
    But I'm still curious about the other two so any thoughts still welcome - and what is that type of plug called??

3. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    THIS IS SPAM. ALL OF HIS TWENTY POSTS ARE THE SAME, NOTHING TO DO WITH BIKES