Cone Engineering Touring Dominator Installed

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TPuckett, Apr 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TPuckett

TPuckett Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Rock Hill, SC
    Greetings from Upstate South Carolina. I've just installed Cone Engineering Touring Dominators to replace the peashooters on my 2016 T100 (Air-cooled). Man Alive! There is such a difference in the music coming out of those pipes :)
    On the first use yesterday, there was some popping on deaccelerating, I'm about to go out and see if going through the cycle of it sitting overnight will make any difference with the ECU.

I have an appointment @ the Triumph dealership in a couple of weeks to check the ECU mapping with the new pipes. The tech @ the dealership said he had never heard of the ECU "learning" to adjust to the reduced back pressure.

Any advice? I have attached a picture

Cone.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The ecu won't learn you have open pipe's ! The pooping and such is caused by the SAI. That stand's for S secondary A air I injection !
    The EU and Vehicle emissions legislation require emissions to meet A Standard that can't be achieved on such a simple engine management system (ecu) so the exhaust is cleaned up by adding fresh oxygen just after the exhaust valves in the cylinder head exhaust Port !
    This causes explosive combustion in the header pipe's on closed throttle running , the cue is two fold !! Remove AIS (blocking off works too) and adjustment to fuel mapping , tuneecu can do this at a tune shop (dynomometer tune)

3. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I have similar pipes I just had all the pollution gear removed except the o2 sensors when I had the valves done no popping now