Compatible 3rd Party Sissy Bar For Triumph Leather Pannier Kit (solved Now)

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by JBWStorm, Aug 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JBWStorm

JBWStorm New Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Wrenbury
    ive been searching for two weeks for the parts to enable me to fit my Triumph sissy bar with no luck. Does anyone have a third party one fitted with the triumph leather luggage set ?

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Sorry you've had no luck mate, fingers crossed you'll get some help soon :cool::cool:
    Not sure if @Gazuk has still got a sissy bar for sale ;);)

3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  4. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    This can be complex if you have the QD sissy bar/ backrest.....like me.
    Getting fittings to then use saddle bag supports is pretty hard to do.
    My own solution is to use a set of Held Denver throwover bags and I then slip on a pair of hd ' easyoff' softail supports on the rearmost bike bolts.
    Works well though I also on long trips wrap a bit of old inner tube over the top of the rear shocks...to avoid the bags chafing them.
    Told you it was complex!

• Like Like x 1
  5. JBWStorm

JBWStorm New Member

Aug 25, 2019
    Wrenbury
    I bought the bike with the full (brand new0 Triumph panniers on brackets (triumph) fitted. Hunted out a Sissybar and guy on eBay assured me it would ‘drop straight on’ . When I got it I realised I needed the spools/bobbins , and have been hunting ever since.
    I’ll probably have to put my bar on eBay (for someone who has fittings and no sissy bar) and buy full kit (which is still available) from Triumph

• Like Like x 1